Pages (27):    1 3 4 5 6 7 27   
t4terrific   12-20-2005, 09:31 PM
AsMoral Wrote:I try not to put too much stock in the bible. I mean, talk about perverse. Jesus spent his last day sprawled on planks of wood in a diaper in front of thousands.

SEE YOU IN HELL SUCKERS!

What about Abraham, getting drunk, and boinking his daughters? At least he tricked them and spilled his semen on the ground. He wanted the action, but he didn't want to give them the inbred children they were looking for. He was a man of God.
t4terrific   12-20-2005, 09:37 PM
Paige Wrote:Too funny not to post. It had me in giggles.

I give you The straight dude’s guide to ‘Brokeback’

That was funny.

I'm sorry my homosexual brother, I'm still not going to watch it.
t4terrific   12-20-2005, 09:38 PM
AsMoral Wrote:If the note falls off they may deem it a sign of the apocolypse and all flee to fire island for a fabulous cookout. The world needs gays, who else will do all those makeover shows?

How else would we guys know what women really want?
Annice Burdeos   01-04-2006, 10:34 PM
AsMoral Wrote:Having read the short story on which this movie is based it surprises me that Ang Lee squeezed out 2 and a half hours worth of material form a 48 page large print story.

I have not seen the movie but can say that the short story left a lot to be desired. The relationship was definitely rushed in the book as there was a lot to be said in such a short tale. The story is gritty and though it is indeed a love story the trick is to not make it a love story because of the subject matter and the type of charcters the two leads are.

This movie sat for years in script development due to the fact that no director/producer wanted to touch it because of the difficulty in translating the story to celluloid.

In written form we can forgive the sudden and abrupt joining of the two men and the 20 years that subsequently pass in the span of 40 some pages. My fear though is that the film is going to lose the feel of the book, the gritiness and feeling of loss and confusion the two men felt in the story. A lot was left unsaid in the book and relied on the charcters thoughts.

Not once did the two charcters every say they loved each other though the reader knows they did. The closest we get to confirmation that these two guys do indeed care for each other and love one another is when one says to the other, "Why can't I quit you?"

I will see this, but my expectations are low.

(I doubt it will even play here in Arkansas.)

You are probably correct in saying this won't play in Arkansas but it has played solidly in a few small Texas towns

I had not read the short story and am not a big fan of either actor although I miss confess I enjoyed Day after Tomorrow and A Knight's Tale, so I was pleasantly surprised at the performances rendered by Heath Ledger and Jake
Gyllenhall. In watching this, I couldn't help but think wjat it must be like to love someone so very much and not be with them as much as you want to be. No one should be killed fro loving whom they do. Perhaps, to borrow a title from an underrated Eastwood film, in A perfect World, it would not matter but this ain't no perfect world, and it does.

Ang Lee returned to his Sense and Sensibility direction with this film rather than going the HULK route.

If I had an Academy vote, I'd split it between Crowe, Ledger and Phoenix (for his very rendition of the Man in Black)
Gerald Rice   01-05-2006, 06:17 PM
KRW Wrote:Dang I was shooting for uncouth, I guess that's close enough. Big Grin

I have no problem with the plot, I was just pointing out the holes in it. Wink

KRW

Huh-huh-huh-huh-huh-huh. You said 'holes'. Uh-huh-huh-huh-huh-huh-huh-huh.
Gerald Rice   01-06-2006, 11:58 AM
AsMoral Wrote:Damn homos, bad enough they're on TV... now in the movies as well! When will the madness end? I say we go burn vaginas on their front lawns! Heteros rule!

Okay, I didn't reply to this because I was certain someone else already had. Now this was funny- burn vaginas on their lawns...

Your people are very entertaining, Tony.
t4terrific   01-06-2006, 01:12 PM
Gerald Rice Wrote:Okay, I didn't reply to this because I was certain someone else already had. Now this was funny- burn vaginas on their lawns...

Your people are very entertaining, Tony.

What a waste!! Wink
willowz   01-06-2006, 04:26 PM
t4terrific Wrote:What about Abraham, getting drunk, and boinking his daughters? At least he tricked them and spilled his semen on the ground. He wanted the action, but he didn't want to give them the inbred children they were looking for. He was a man of God.
THAT WAS LOT, AND HIS DAUGHTERS GOT HIM DRUNK AND TOOK ADVANTAGE OF HIM,

willowz
willowz   01-06-2006, 04:31 PM
:confused:
AsMoral Wrote:Women appear in the trailer too. Everyone knows that people turn gay only because they can't find the right woman. Or sheep.
LOL Big Grin What about lesbians????

willowz
willowz   01-06-2006, 04:33 PM
sorry i did not mean to yell earlier, I just accidently hit the cap lock. :o

willowz
Pages (27):    1 3 4 5 6 7 27