Pages (4):    1 2 3 4   
Ken Valentine   05-29-2004, 03:13 PM
Kenji Asakura Wrote:Japanese language television station? I didn't know that! Have you ever seen some dramas? Smile

I haven't watched television since 1987 Kenji. But I do remember that even back then there were drama's, quiz shows, all kinds of programs ... even dating programs if I remember correctly.

Ken V.
Marc   05-29-2004, 04:45 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:I haven't watched television since 1987...

What??? And you call yourself an American! Smile
Bastard   05-29-2004, 06:48 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:I haven't watched television since 1987 Kenji. But I do remember that even back then there were drama's, quiz shows, all kinds of programs ... even dating programs if I remember correctly.

Ken V.

Hey Ken, I happen to agree with you on the not watching tv idea. I still watch, but the chasm between worthwhile shows and everything else is growing wider and wider all the time.

--Jake

:eek: "Who are you mister?"
:mad: "Jacob McCandles."
:eek: "Jacob McCandles?! I thought you was dead."
:mad: "Not hardly! The next man to say that, I'm gonna shoot, so help me." -- from Big Jake
Ken Valentine   05-29-2004, 06:49 PM
Marc B. Wrote:What??? And you call yourself an American! Smile

I don't watch television.
I don't read newspapers.
If I don't listen to radio ... NOTHING HAPPENS!

IT'S WONDERFUL! Big Grin

Ken V.
nonsun blob a   05-31-2004, 08:29 PM
for japanese movies I've seen almost exclusively anime. I think Suzhu river was japanese though, or at least that was what I was told it was, and that was drama to the max. I've also seen one or two movies with two really popular twin stars, who are also really attractive, though their names escape. They were in vampire effect along with the main character of tokyo raiders.
Kenji   06-01-2004, 10:51 AM
nonsun blob a Wrote:for japanese movies I've seen almost exclusively anime. I think Suzhu river was japanese though, or at least that was what I was told it was, and that was drama to the max. I've also seen one or two movies with two really popular twin stars, who are also really attractive, though their names escape. They were in vampire effect along with the main character of tokyo raiders.

Suzhu river? hmm....I've never heard it before. Is it anime? or live drama?

BTW, What is your most favorite anime? Do you know "Cyborg 009" ?

http://www.009.tv/
This post was last modified: 06-01-2004, 11:01 AM by Kenji.
nonsun blob a   06-04-2004, 09:01 AM
Kenji Asakura Wrote:Suzhu river? hmm....I've never heard it before. Is it anime? or live drama?

BTW, What is your most favorite anime? Do you know "Cyborg 009" ?

http://www.009.tv/

it's live drama. And I do know cyborg 009, though I wasn't a huge fan. They went back to the Tezuka style with that one, which I'm not a huge fan of, regardless of how vital he was to the whole anime scene. My favorite anime is probably Neon Genesis Evangelion. It's actually my favorite series ever. I also LOVE Outlaw Star and Hellsing.
Kenji   06-04-2004, 11:38 AM
nonsun blob a Wrote:it's live drama. And I do know cyborg 009, though I wasn't a huge fan. They went back to the Tezuka style with that one, which I'm not a huge fan of, regardless of how vital he was to the whole anime scene. My favorite anime is probably Neon Genesis Evangelion. It's actually my favorite series ever. I also LOVE Outlaw Star and Hellsing.

oh.....are you not 009 fan? OK... Sad

Anyway,let's get back to thread title theme. As I said, I am really American drama fan. What is your favorite dramas(not Japanese drama)? Have you ever seen 24? How many season broadcasting in USA? Smile
Marc   06-04-2004, 11:43 AM
Three of the best dramas, in my opinion, were Buffy, Angel and Firefly, all of which have now been cancelled.

24 was good for the first two season but this third one just became so complicated it fell into the X-Files conspiracy style that they'd rewrite their own history to try and keep people on their toes. This made this season hard to watch. And why can't Kim's subplots ever be at all interesting???

I just got into The Practice but, unfortunately, I got into it by watching the series finale. The spin-off might be interesting.

Nip/Tuck is another really good series.

Wanderfalls was good but Fox cancelled that one after only four episodes.

Why is is all the good shows get cancelled and all the crap stays (i.e. reality tv?) Hmm...
Kenji   06-04-2004, 12:06 PM
Marc B. Wrote:Three of the best dramas, in my opinion, were Buffy, Angel and Firefly, all of which have now been cancelled.

24 was good for the first two season but this third one just became so complicated it fell into the X-Files conspiracy style that they'd rewrite their own history to try and keep people on their toes. This made this season hard to watch. And why can't Kim's subplots ever be at all interesting???

I just got into The Practice but, unfortunately, I got into it by watching the series finale. The spin-off might be interesting.

Nip/Tuck is another really good series.

Wanderfalls was good but Fox cancelled that one after only four episodes.

Why is is all the good shows get cancelled and all the crap stays (i.e. reality tv?) Hmm...

Oh....I know your feeling.

Old Japanese dramas were all good. But recent dramas.....*sigh*.

I LOVE Buffy the Vampire slayer. I saw first and second season.

Nip/Tuck, Wanderfalls, Firefly....I don't know them. But I have a curious. Smile
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4