Pages (2): 1 2   
Maggers   10-09-2005, 10:39 PM
I saw trailers for what looked like 3 extraordinary movies that I very much want to see:

Memoirs of a Geisha

Brokeback Mountain - UNBELIEVABLE and based on a concept that's never occured to me

Paradise Now - a story about childhood friends in Palestine who are called to be suicide bombers in Tel Aviv. Looked chilling and very interesting.

What enticing trailers have you seen?

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

jimbow8   10-09-2005, 11:03 PM
DOOM (I'm a fanboy, what can I say)

King Kong (Peter Jackson, NAOMI WATTS, Jack Black, Adrian Brody)

Elizabethtown (Cameron Crowe, 'nuff said)

Domino (I'm a big Tony Scott fan, so I have hopes for this one)

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Jay #1   10-10-2005, 12:27 AM
The first 9 minutes of Serenity. Saw the movie first though. lol.

Firefly was an excellent, but short lived series. I'm glad Joss got the chance to bring a finality to it.
t4terrific   10-10-2005, 02:29 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:DOOM (I'm a fanboy, what can I say)

King Kong (Peter Jackson, NAOMI WATTS, Jack Black, Adrian Brody)

Elizabethtown (Cameron Crowe, 'nuff said)

Domino (I'm a big Tony Scott fan, so I have hopes for this one)

I can't believe they showed Kong in the trailer. I figured they'd make us wait to see him. It looks like a terrific film. They couldn't have found anyone better than Jackson to do it. Actually I think the film was made because of Jackson anyway. I can't wait for this one.
Kenji   10-10-2005, 05:29 AM
This is Japanese "Ninja" movie.

Shinobi

This is Japanese horror. Plot is Reincarnation.

Rinne
Kenji   10-10-2005, 05:33 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:Domino (I'm a big Tony Scott fan, so I have hopes for this one)

I'll go to theater see it, October 22. Wink
fpw   10-10-2005, 08:12 AM
jimbow8
[url=http://www.apple.com/trailers/newline/domino/trailer_2/ Wrote:
Domino[/url] (I'm a big Tony Scott fan, so I have hopes for this one)

Domino is true, BTW. The real Domino will never see the movie, though - she died of an overdose this past June.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
jimbow8   10-10-2005, 09:26 AM
fpw Wrote:Domino is true, BTW. The real Domino will never see the movie, though - she died of an overdose this past June.
I saw that it claimed to be a true story*, but I don't know anything about it. Not sure if I want to spoil the movie.

*Of course you never know anymore; Fargo claimed to be a true story. Wink

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Maggers   10-10-2005, 11:39 AM
Maggers Wrote:I saw trailers for what looked like 3 extraordinary movies that I very much want to see:

Memoirs of a Geisha

Brokeback Mountain - UNBELIEVABLE and based on a concept that's never occured to me

Paradise Now - a story about childhood friends in Palestine who are called to be suicide bombers in Tel Aviv. Looked chilling and very interesting.

What enticing trailers have you seen?

Gee, how lame am I? I just listed the movies and didn't even think of setting up a link, which I'm not particularly clever about anyway. Oh well, if your interested in the trailers, you'll check 'em out. Sorry. Rolleyes

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

t4terrific   10-10-2005, 02:45 PM
Maggers Wrote:Gee, how lame am I? I just listed the movies and didn't even think of setting up a link, which I'm not particularly clever about anyway. Oh well, if your interested in the trailers, you'll check 'em out. Sorry. Rolleyes

You aren't alone. I don't know how to do it either. Sad
Pages (2): 1 2