Pages (2):    1 2
Anemone of the State   04-27-2011, 03:39 PM
Kenji Wrote:Err...I don't think so. This movie contained a lot of violence scenes...

A 10 year old girl who loves to play 真 三國無双. Wink

"Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors... and miss."
Robert A. Heinlein
wdg3rd   04-27-2011, 07:44 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:Welcome aboard. It is nice to see someone else who despised POTA(remake that is-I love the original)as much as me. I knew within minutes that I was in for a less-than-enjoyable movie experience.

I'm still curious about Sucker Punch though. It was always likely going to be a renter for me but now it might not even make that cut.

I liked the remake of PotA almost as much as I like the "original". That is to say, not much. I guess it's because I read a translation of the novel first, and we all know what that does to most movies. (I also read the novel in its original language, but by then I'd seen three or four movies).

Someday I'd like to see a movie based on Boulle's novel, rather than just named after it.

Ward Griffiths

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest". -- Denis Diderot
Srem   04-27-2011, 11:22 PM
I watched Sucker Punch the first day it came out, and I had high expectations. Needless to say, I felt somewhat let down...Sad

crlovel's description pretty much fits the bill; I think the movie would have been better (at least) had it been rated 'R.'

Still, though, I would give it a rent to at least enjoy some of the special effects and artistry involved with making the movie if I were you guys.

[SIZE=4]§ґφ[/SIZE]җ

Witchbreed Book of Dreams
Scott Miller   04-28-2011, 11:43 AM
wdg3rd Wrote:I liked the remake of PotA almost as much as I like the "original". That is to say, not much. I guess it's because I read a translation of the novel first, and we all know what that does to most movies. (I also read the novel in its original language, but by then I'd seen three or four movies).

Someday I'd like to see a movie based on Boulle's novel, rather than just named after it.

My enjoyment of the original probably has as much to do with when I saw it than anything; I was 7 or 8 and it was too cool for me not to like it. One of those childhood moments that remains a pleasant memory even if it wasn't as good as I thought. I had a Planet Of The Apes lunchbox, coloring books, action figures, puzzles...and I liked all the sequels.

I have not read the book so the source materail was not ruined for me.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Pages (2):    1 2