RepairmanJack.com Forums
Sucker Punch - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Sucker Punch (/thread-4109.html)

Pages: 1 2

Sucker Punch - Kenji - 04-15-2011

This evening I saw "Sucker Punch".

Ah......well, what can I say about this movie? It's girl's action flick like Charlie's Angel. Exciting? Yes. Silly? Yes! Because that's entertainment movie! Actually I enjoyed it. :p

Another one interesting reason I enjoyed was Scott Glenn as Wiseman. He appeared in one girl's daydream and said:"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything".

When he hold sword, he looked really old Glaeken. Big Grin

Sucker Punch - Tall Tyrion - 04-17-2011

I'm pretty excited to see this one. I might even do the theater, much as I dislike spending that much to see a film.

Sucker Punch - somevelvetmorning - 04-18-2011

i thought this movie was absolutely terrible, to the point where it is was not enjoyable for me on any level.

Sucker Punch - Anemone of the State - 04-18-2011

Kenji, would this movie be ok for a 10 year old girl to see?

Sucker Punch - Kenji - 04-18-2011

Anemone of the State Wrote:Kenji, would this movie be ok for a 10 year old girl to see?

Err...I don't think so. This movie contained a lot of violence scenes...

Sucker Punch - crlovel - 04-27-2011

Before this movie, the only film I ever wanted to walk out of was the remake of Planet of the Apes. Sucker Punch was the second movie that made me feel that way. It's a pretty movie, with very lovely actresses, but they made it completely unsexy and amazingly boring. The dialogue and story were simply too awful for words.

Sucker Punch - Tony H - 04-27-2011

crlovel Wrote:Before this movie, the only film I ever wanted to walk out of was the remake of Planet of the Apes. Sucker Punch was the second movie that made me feel that way. It's a pretty movie, with very lovely actresses, but they made it completely unsexy and amazingly boring. The dialogue and story were simply too awful for words.

This is what I was afraid of. I hope Zak Snyder gets his butt in gear for this Superman reboot.

Sucker Punch - Scott Miller - 04-27-2011

crlovel Wrote:Before this movie, the only film I ever wanted to walk out of was the remake of Planet of the Apes. Sucker Punch was the second movie that made me feel that way. It's a pretty movie, with very lovely actresses, but they made it completely unsexy and amazingly boring. The dialogue and story were simply too awful for words.

Welcome aboard. It is nice to see someone else who despised POTA(remake that is-I love the original)as much as me. I knew within minutes that I was in for a less-than-enjoyable movie experience.

I'm still curious about Sucker Punch though. It was always likely going to be a renter for me but now it might not even make that cut.

Sucker Punch - crlovel - 04-27-2011

Scott Miller Wrote:Welcome aboard. It is nice to see someone else who despised POTA(remake that is-I love the original)as much as me. I knew within minutes that I was in for a less-than-enjoyable movie experience.

I'm still curious about Sucker Punch though. It was always likely going to be a renter for me but now it might not even make that cut.

Did you see Battlefield Earth? Remember that, even though it was AWFUL, it was fun to sit through, because of how awful and laughable it was? The cheesiness and campiness make this a great bad film to watch with friends and having an MST3K night.

Sucker Punch is just like that, minus the fun, campiness, and cheesiness. The dialogue isn't even worth mocking. That being said, I could see this movie being worthwhile to actually own, for those nights where you just can't find something on the television to help you fall asleep.

Sucker Punch - Scott Miller - 04-27-2011

crlovel Wrote:Did you see Battlefield Earth? Remember that, even though it was AWFUL, it was fun to sit through, because of how awful and laughable it was? The cheesiness and campiness make this a great bad film to watch with friends and having an MST3K night.

Sucker Punch is just like that, minus the fun, campiness, and cheesiness. The dialogue isn't even worth mocking. That being said, I could see this movie being worthwhile to actually own, for those nights where you just can't find something on the television to help you fall asleep.

I never did see it. I usually have at least a few things on hand that I can watch and my days of watching bad cinema just for the sake of it are more or less through. I do enjoy low budget films but big budget stinkers no longer hold much appeal for me.