Pages (4):    1 2 3 4   
Kenji   05-27-2004, 11:36 AM
Sam Wrote:Yes Dave, it is Takeshi's Castle. I'm glad to hear it is catching on. Most people in my area have not heard of it yet, which is their loss. If I knew how, I'd send Kenji a copy of the tapes I have so far so he could check out the dubbed American version. Hope he finds it as funny as we do.

Yes, this is funny! Original speaks is very funny,too. Takeshi Kitano is legendary comedian. But now he is movie actor and movie director. Takeshi's Castle is no more broadcast in Japan. I miss his comedy... Sad

By the way, how many years broadcasting in U.S.?
InfinityLtd   05-27-2004, 01:08 PM
Sam Wrote:I always watch ... Most Extreme Elimination Challenge (MXC), and various cartoons which are usually the best shows on tv most of the time anyway.

MXC! Right on!

The only shows I watch regularly on broadcast TV are "60 Minutes" and "The Simpsons." Weeknights, if I watch TV at all, I'll watch "Futurama," "Family Guy," and "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" on Cartoon Network (since we have a satellite, we get the East Coast feed, so they're on starting at 8:00pm instead of 11). I try to watch "The Daily Show" as often as possible.

Kenji, MXC is I believe beginning it's second season here in the U.S.

Now that they're over, I want to say this: I REALLY don't care who won "Survivor" or "American Idol," and I can't believe that the vicissitudes of these shows are covered like they are actual news (as I've seen endlessly on CNN). With all that's going on in the world, is Fantasia's become the next "American Idol" really the only important thing to talk about?

Sorry, needed to rant there for a sec.
This post was last modified: 05-27-2004, 01:14 PM by InfinityLtd.

Eric S. Bauman

"Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn't want to live there." -- John Barth

"All things serve the Beam." -- Stephen King

Paper clips: the larval stage of coat hangers.
fpw   05-27-2004, 01:42 PM
InfinityLtd Wrote:MXC! Right on!

I've never even heard of it, but I see Spike has an MXC marathon tonight starting 9pm. I'll have to check it out.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
jimbow8   05-27-2004, 01:51 PM
fpw Wrote:I've never even heard of it, but I see Spike has an MXC marathon tonight starting 9pm. I'll have to check it out.
You are in for a treat! Keep some tissue handy, because you may laugh so hard that you cry.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Sam   05-27-2004, 08:04 PM
Hmmm.... FPW may like it so well that one day we will learn Jack's true name
.......Jack Romano Bobbaganoosh. Big Grin
InfinityLtd   05-27-2004, 08:22 PM
Sam Wrote:Hmmm.... FPW may like it so well that one day we will learn Jack's true name
.......Jack Romano Bobbaganoosh. Big Grin

And his cat, Mr. Sphincter. Big Grin

Eric S. Bauman

"Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn't want to live there." -- John Barth

"All things serve the Beam." -- Stephen King

Paper clips: the larval stage of coat hangers.
Doc   05-28-2004, 04:02 PM
fpw Wrote:I've never even heard of it, but I see Spike has an MXC marathon tonight starting 9pm. I'll have to check it out.

They're leading you to the Dark Side boss, don't go !! Ok so MXC is funny in a bizarre nads crunching way.
fpw   05-28-2004, 04:46 PM
Doc Wrote:They're leading you to the Dark Side boss, don't go !! Ok so MXC is funny in a bizarre nads crunching way.

Well, I watched 3 episodes last night. I had some laughs but I think it's a show best taken in small weekly doses. A 90-min shot is too much.

Definitely derivative of Woody Allen's What's Up, Tiger Lily, where he took an Asian 007 knock-off and dubbed his own dialogue.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
thisisatest   05-28-2004, 07:01 PM
fpw Wrote:Well, I watched 3 episodes last night. I had some laughs but I think it's a show best taken in small weekly doses. A 90-min shot is too much.

Definitely derivative of Woody Allen's What's Up, Tiger Lily, where he took an Asian 007 knock-off and dubbed his own dialogue.

Steve D
Ah, What's Up, Tiger Lily?, one of my favorite movies. Piqued my interest in this MXC program. Anyone know if it's available on DVD or VHS? And for those of you who haven't seen WUTL, rent it with Take the Money and Run for a great evening of laughter and tears of laughter.
Kenji   05-28-2004, 07:47 PM
thisisatest Wrote:Steve D
Ah, What's Up, Tiger Lily?, one of my favorite movies. Piqued my interest in this MXC program. Anyone know if it's available on DVD or VHS? And for those of you who haven't seen WUTL, rent it with Take the Money and Run for a great evening of laughter and tears of laughter.

I've never seen What's up, Tiger Lily....but sounds like fun. Smile Someday, I will rent it.
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4