Pages (7):    1 2 3 4 5 7   
t4terrific   09-15-2005, 05:53 PM
law dawg Wrote:Heat. Collateral.

Both of these are from "The World's Greatest Director", Michael Mann!! Did you see his masterpiece, The Keep?
Sam   09-15-2005, 06:39 PM
Shallow Hal
13 Monkeys
Apocalypse Now
Patton
Predator
Slap Shot
Pulp Fiction
Mad Max
The Professional
Commando - for the laughs
The Sand Lot

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
law dawg   09-15-2005, 07:38 PM
t4terrific Wrote:Both of these are from "The World's Greatest Director", Michael Mann!! Did you see his masterpiece, The Keep?
I have not. Or do you mean the Keep as in FPW's The Keep? If so, then a LONG time ago.
KRW   09-15-2005, 08:44 PM
law dawg Wrote:I have not. Or do you mean the Keep as in FPW's The Keep? If so, then a LONG time ago.

I'm guessing you haven't been paying attention. Wink Of course it's FPW's The Keep! Duhh!

KRW-running and ducking!
KRW   09-15-2005, 08:47 PM
Have you ever seen "The Chase" with Chalie Sheen?
Maggers   09-15-2005, 09:06 PM
law dawg Wrote:Way of the Gun. Heat. Black Hawk Down. True Romance (Tarantino flick - not a chick flic like the title suggests). Snatch. Man on Fire. Collateral.

Wow, great list. Haven't seen, "True Romance." Loved all the rest, especially "Way of the Gun."

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Maggers   09-15-2005, 09:08 PM
t4terrific Wrote:Both of these are from "The World's Greatest Director", Michael Mann!! Did you see his masterpiece, The Keep?

It's ironic that the one film that Michael Mann messed up, and he messed it up BIG TIME, is "The Keep." Otherwise, I am a huge fan of his. My fav film of all time, which probably does not belong on this he-man-woman-hater-club thread, is Michael Mann's "Last of the Mohicans," about which I've posted at least a million times.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

jimbow8   09-15-2005, 09:15 PM
Maggers Wrote:Wow, great list. Haven't seen, "True Romance." Loved all the rest, especially "Way of the Gun."
True Romance was directed by Tony Scott and written by Quentin Tarantino. It is probably my sentimental favorite of QT's movies.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Maggers   09-15-2005, 09:23 PM
The Dirty Dozen
The Great Escape
Lonely Are the Brave
Spartacus
The Unforgiven
Atlantic City (not so sure this qualifies as a guy's movie)
Cat Ballou (whose says guys can't laugh)
Die Hard
Way of the Gun
Heat
Once Upon a Time In America
American History X
25th Hour
The Score
Galaxy Quest (hey, this is a movie for everybody!)

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

KRW   09-15-2005, 09:39 PM
Maggers Wrote:It's ironic that the one film that Michael Mann messed up, and he messed it up BIG TIME, is "The Keep."

That gives me even MORE of a reason to hate the guy! Wink
Pages (7):    1 2 3 4 5 7