Gerald Rice   09-12-2005, 05:14 PM
For a second at the beginning I thought this was going to be essentially the same plot as another movie with the same title, but there weren't any guys having sex with Elias Koteas (that one really through me for a loop at 16). It's about these six sets of people and how all their lives interweave in, I suppose, a 48 hour period. Don Cheadle is excellent as usual, but so is everybody in this movie, including (shockingly) Ludacris. I mean, this director really knows how to get everything out of you. Even Brendan Fraser came off like a real actor (but I think this may be in large part to his character being severely marginalized in the movie).

I don't want to give anything away, but the plot is largely character driven. You really get to see how what's on the surface of these characters is not all there is to them. Watch it and you'll see what I mean.
Scott Miller   09-29-2005, 05:16 PM
I watched Crash last night and while flawed, it is worth the rent. I think it was perhaps too ambitious for its own good as several characters were not given enough screen time to develop into people I could care about. Despite that, the acting was fine, the writing good and the premise thought provoking. I liked that the thin line separating races wasn't limited to just two ethnicities, but between the many cultures found in our society.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels