Pages (7):    1 3 4 5 6 7   
jimbow8   09-21-2005, 04:44 PM
Peter Wrote:Um, Maggers, you like dirty movies? Just when you think you are getting to know someone.....
Huhuhuh.* She's a perv!

[Image: z7shysterical.gif]

* Butthead laugh

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Maggers   09-21-2005, 05:36 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Huhuhuh.* She's a perv!

[Image: z7shysterical.gif]

* Butthead laugh

Always knew I had a fan in you, Jim. [Image: blah.gif]

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Bluesman Mike Lindner   09-21-2005, 11:11 PM
I'd suggest:
OPEN RANGE
ANGELS WITH DIRTY FACES
WHITE HEAT
WHEN WE WERE KINGS
GIMME SHELTER
ENDLESS SUMMER
CHINATOWN
EASY RIDER
MALTESE FALCON
There are many more. A couple of those might not be "guy films" per se, but I think guys would understand and appreciate them more than most women would. If I'm wrong about that, it wouldn't be the first time I've screwed-up with women. Rolleyes
neotank   09-22-2005, 09:56 PM
man, I can name a thousand....

well here's some off the top off my head.

The Good the bad and the ugly
Rocky 1-3
The Dirty Dozen
Superman 2 (General..... care to step outside) greatest line ever
Anything by Tarantino that doesnt have the words Jackie or Brown in it.
Sin City
Terminator
escape from new york
the warriors
assualt on precinct 13
Aliens
Made
Bloodsport
Desperado
Enter the Dragon
The Wild Bunch
Death Wish
Sudden Impact
Shaun of the Dead
And my favorite guy movie of all time- From Dusk Till Dawn-
CANADIANRJFAN   09-26-2005, 01:00 AM
fpw Wrote:I'll be on Nantucket the next two weeks. I need to take some guy films along (for the sons-in-law and me). Any suggestions?

A Bugs Life.

(just kidding).
Kenji   09-26-2005, 09:39 AM
CANADIANRJFAN Wrote:A Bugs Life.

(just kidding).

But Toy Story is guy film......it's a story about two "guys". Big Grin
t4terrific   09-26-2005, 03:00 PM
CANADIANRJFAN Wrote:A Bugs Life.

(just kidding).

I saw that a couple weeks ago on tv. I was surprised how good it was. I don't usually watch the Disney/Pixar type animated fims. I will sometimes watch one if it gets a lot of good recs. I really loved Toy Story 2 and Monsters Inc. A Bug's Life was right up there with those for me.
jimbow8   09-26-2005, 03:12 PM
t4terrific Wrote:I saw that a couple weeks ago on tv. I was surprised how good it was. I don't usually watch the Disney/Pixar type animated fims. I will sometimes watch one if it gets a lot of good recs. I really loved Toy Story 2 and Monsters Inc. A Bug's Life was right up there with those for me.
....and Bug's Life is the least good of the Pixar movies, IMO.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Sam   09-26-2005, 03:23 PM
neotank Wrote:And my favorite guy movie of all time- From Dusk Till Dawn-

If I had a nickel for every time I mimicked the old man at the motel desk, I'd have a shitload of nickels.

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
neotank   09-26-2005, 09:49 PM
Sam Wrote:If I had a nickel for every time I mimicked the old man at the motel desk, I'd have a shitload of nickels.

LOL! yeah, That old man is funny. I love when Clooney sets him straight. Something like...'what do you think I want you mean old bastard., I want a F'n room'

Good stuff.
Pages (7):    1 3 4 5 6 7