Pages (2):    1 2
Bluesman Mike Lindner   09-04-2005, 10:02 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:You are the same people who are probably complaining about others "bringing politics" into the situation in New Orleans. "Now is not the time to point fingers." How hypocrital.

Jim

Won't respond to any more comments about this in this thread.

Sorry to hijack your movie review, Paul.

Jimbo, I am hypocritical for =something I haven't said=??!!
This post was last modified: 09-04-2005, 10:08 PM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
t4terrific   09-04-2005, 10:31 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:You are the same people who are probably complaining about others "bringing politics" into the situation in New Orleans. "Now is not the time to point fingers." How hypocrital.

Jim

Won't respond to any more comments about this in this thread.

Sorry to hijack your movie review, Paul.

Are you sure? I may be accused of being insensitive, but never of that.

I say, save as many lives as possible. Help get as many people back on their feet as you can. Do that first. When as much can be restored as possible, then tell them all to get their heads out of the sand (which is below sea level). Tell them all to go live somewhere else. It's been common knowledge, for many decades that a hurricane would destroy New Orleans. Teachers told me that in grade school. Who do you blame for thousands of people CHOOSING to live there, in a free country, knowing what we've known for so long? If you choose to blame Bush for their "sudden" problem, you are stupid, you are an idiot, and you need to wear a helmet. I choose to live in Kansas City. If a tornado takes out my home, I won't look to blame any one but me. I chose to live here.

None of those people deserve what they got, but every one of them should have damn well been expecting it. Those who take responsiblity for their own actions, would admit as much.
jimbow8   09-04-2005, 11:22 PM
fpw Wrote:FF= 0

Really well-paced with a neat complication. The kid who plays Mars gives one of the scariest, creepiest performances I've seen in a long, long time.
I wanted to see this movie when it came out in the theater but it slipped past me. Then I totally forgot about it. I just bumped it to the top of my queue. Thanks, Paul.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Kenji   09-05-2005, 07:38 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:I wanted to see this movie when it came out in the theater but it slipped past me. Then I totally forgot about it. I just bumped it to the top of my queue. Thanks, Paul.

Oh, actually, Jim........I recommended this movie in another thread. Remember? Smile

http://www.repairmanjack.com/forum/showt...ht=Hostage
stacyzinda123   09-06-2005, 11:48 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:I wanted to see this movie when it came out in the theater but it slipped past me. Then I totally forgot about it. I just bumped it to the top of my queue. Thanks, Paul.
I really enjoyed this movie. My husband and I rented it and both liked it. I definetly agree that Mars is creepy and disturbing. This one is worth a watch.
The Mad American   09-06-2005, 12:10 PM
fpw Wrote:FF= 0

Really well-paced with a neat complication. The kid who plays Mars gives one of the scariest, creepiest performances I've seen in a long, long time.

I am glad to hear this. This movie was the next movie coming from Netflix for me even before your review. The review makes me even more excited to see it.

Thanks FPW.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

jimbow8   09-11-2005, 10:30 PM
I liked this movie, but not as much as others of you seemed to. I think overhype may have had something to do with it. Also, the previews had the following tagline:Would you sacrifice another family to save your own? I never saw that situation come up in the movie.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
xmradiodave   09-12-2005, 09:18 PM
Hostage was a lot like Diet Die Hard or Die Hard with family values. Bruce Willis was slightly grittier in this role than in his more recent film ventures. The character Mars was absolutely proposterous and ultimitely served no purpose at all. A creepy throw away character that the movie could have done without.

Don't get me wrong though, the film was enjoyable. I thought that the opening credit sequence seemed out of place for this movie though. It reminded me of the "Spider-Man" movie opening credit sequence.

[Image: logo2.jpg]

I put the laughter in manslaughter
Sam   11-11-2005, 06:31 PM
Finally watched this movie and I really liked it! I think I may know why Mars was so creepy - the first time I saw him he immediately reminded me of the real life killer Damien Echols (Memphis 3 Satanic murders). Mars certainly looked like this guy.

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
Pages (2):    1 2