Pages (4):    1 2 3 4   
t4terrific   09-07-2005, 03:10 PM
Jay #1 Wrote:*blinks* There's at least one confirmed case of possession at a church in my city. Thing is... if the church was known for a policy of doing exorcisms, then it might have been viewed as media hype. But the church has a policy against them, yet one was performed. All I do know about the situation is that people were very scared during the worship service that the possessed person made trouble at. The name, age, and sex of the person were left out. It only made the news because someone spoke up.

...and it was confirmed how?
Jay #1   09-07-2005, 05:18 PM
people I know in it. I didn't say it was publicly confirmed. *smile*

Anyhow, my personal feeling is, if it's true then it's true. If its not, it's between whoever lies and God.

Furthermore, i've never seen any evidence of claims of exorcism's driving people away from God. *shrug*

t4terrific Wrote:...and it was confirmed how?
t4terrific   09-07-2005, 08:04 PM
Jay #1 Wrote:Furthermore, i've never seen any evidence of claims of exorcism's driving people away from God. *shrug*

In the words of Chef from Southpark, "I'm not touchin that with a 20 foot pole."
KRW   09-07-2005, 10:36 PM
Jay #1 Wrote:Furthermore, i've never seen any evidence of claims of exorcism's driving people away from God. *shrug*

Are you kidding? That brings in souls, not make them run.

As far as the exorsism, (to take a quote from Mr. Falcon) if you weren't there, then it's hearsay. No credability. Sorry.
But, on this subject, has anyone read "Satan Seller" by Mike Warnke? A great auto-biography about a man who who rose to power in the satanic church, (or whatever you want call it). Freaky stuff Batman. Of course he was born again, but the book is really well written and informing.

KRW
Anders Monsen   09-08-2005, 01:01 AM
xmradiodave Wrote:It was a little more than that. During the Exorcism, The priest on trial for murder/Gross Negligence decided to try to starve the demon out of Anneliese, in turn, actually starving the "demons" host. However, the movie is a very sensationalised version of the book/true story. It is also a courtroom drama more-over an actual horror movie. I am kind of relieved though. How many Exorcist knock-offs can be pushed out by the studios?

No doubt quite a few more. There's always a buck to made here, like zombie movies, dracula stories, and lead roles for Rob Schneider.
neotank   09-08-2005, 10:22 PM
There really aren't THAT many exorcism movies. What... the 4 exorcist movies... and maybe some made for TV crap? There's been more Nightmare on Elm streets!! Smile

The original exorcist is my all time favorite horror movie, so I can't help but get my hopes up for this movie, even though I will mostly likely get let down.
Jay #1   09-09-2005, 10:54 AM
As far as I'm concerned there's only one actually. the first was based on a true story, though some things were added that weren't in the true one. The rest were based on the first movie.

neotank Wrote:There really aren't THAT many exorcism movies. What... the 4 exorcist movies...

The original exorcist is my all time favorite horror movie, so I can't help but get my hopes up for this movie, even though I will mostly likely get let down.
Jay #1   09-09-2005, 10:56 AM
wasn't looking for credibility. *shrug* The fact that I believe the people who told me doesn't matter diddly to those who never met them. I'm just saying what happened. *grin*

KRW Wrote:Are you kidding? That brings in souls, not make them run.

As far as the exorsism, (to take a quote from Mr. Falcon) if you weren't there, then it's hearsay. No credability. Sorry.
But, on this subject, has anyone read "Satan Seller" by Mike Warnke? A great auto-biography about a man who who rose to power in the satanic church, (or whatever you want call it). Freaky stuff Batman. Of course he was born again, but the book is really well written and informing.

KRW
jimbow8   09-09-2005, 11:16 AM
neotank Wrote:There really aren't THAT many exorcism movies. What... the 4 exorcist movies... and maybe some made for TV crap? There's been more Nightmare on Elm streets!! Smile

Just curious what you think of the other Exorcist movies:

Do you prefer the original or "The Version you've never seen before"?

What about the new Paul Schrader prequel?

Didn't know the Blatty story was based on a true story.....

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
KRW   09-09-2005, 10:33 PM
Jay #1 Wrote:wasn't looking for credibility. *shrug* The fact that I believe the people who told me doesn't matter diddly to those who never met them. I'm just saying what happened. *grin*

I figured, but it reminded me of another discussion. Wink

KRW
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4