Pages (11):    1 2 3 4 5 11   
jimbow8   09-01-2005, 04:07 PM
Blake Wrote:Really, do students ever take advantage of office hours? Smile

Blake
From what my professor tells me, no. Wink

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Scott Miller   09-01-2005, 05:47 PM
Not having read Infernal, I may be off-target but something about FPW's titles suggests to me the word glimpse as in A Glimpse of Hell or something along those lines.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Anders Monsen   09-01-2005, 06:04 PM
"Signs and Portents" might work, but already taken, I think.
Biggles   09-01-2005, 06:05 PM
Blake Wrote:I'm prolific today. Hey, I'm sitting in my office with nothing to do. Really, do students ever take advantage of office hours? Smile

Blake

No, they always come up after class when I'm anxious to stop for sushi on the way home!

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
KRW   09-01-2005, 06:58 PM
How about "Reckoning"? Kinda like in the movie "Tombstone"!

KRW
Lisa   09-01-2005, 07:29 PM
Something simple would be best.

Prophecies
Harbinger(s)
Visions
Omens

etc...

Lisa
Blake   09-01-2005, 07:40 PM
Lisa Wrote:Harbinger(s)

I kinda like that one. Wish I'd thought of it. Now that I think about it, was that suggested as a title of an earlier RJ book?

Blake

Please support Friends of Washoe.
saynomore   09-01-2005, 07:44 PM
fpw Wrote:Prescient visions play a big part in the new book. Let me tell you the titles I've considered and discarded.

Fatal Visions
Darkness Invisible
Offending Eyes

Blind Sighted

Little play on words with "blind sided" and covers the darkness and visions aspects.

AC

Or how about Blind Sided?
nijimeijer   09-01-2005, 08:36 PM
Hmm. Some thought, and here are a few suggestions:

Impetus
Single word. Goes with Infernal a little bit, and describes Jack, kind of.

Refraction
Another single word. And actually relates a bit to "visions." After all, refraction is something that happens to light. In fact, the first word from the Wikipedia definition is just about the coolest sentence ever: "Refraction in geometric optics is the change in direction of a wave due to a change in velocity."

Descent
Pretty much just a cool word.

Cogs
Goes along with "precognition" as well as indicating how Jack sometimes feels like a pawn in a massive game between two huge powers. A "cog" in the machine, so to speak.

Throughout our history there are those ghosts
Compelled to illustrate our dreams and hopes
Victors hang in pictures, losers from ropes.
Regardless they all swing in the same boat.
Sam   09-01-2005, 08:50 PM
Anders Monsen Wrote:"Coil"

Simple meaning: A series of connected spirals or concentric rings formed by gathering or winding

(The) Onus Coil - yeah, 2 words but has a cool ring to it.

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
Pages (11):    1 2 3 4 5 11