fpw   08-30-2005, 09:45 PM
Yeah, I know. But I enjoyed Bride so I figured I'd try the next installment. And guess what: It's funny and very entertaining -- especially if you view it with the pop-ups. You have to have a stomach for gore -- but it's so over the top it's cartoony. Its homages to seminal horror films and cult films are lots of fun (everything from Psycho to Glen or Glenda).

For R-rated horror fans only (or, more properly: for fans of R-rated horror only).

Whatever.

FF=0

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
jimbow8   08-31-2005, 12:50 AM
fpw Wrote:Yeah, I know. But I enjoyed Bride so I figured I'd try the next installment. And guess what: It's funny and very entertaining -- especially if you view it with the pop-ups. You have to have a stomach for gore -- but it's so over the top it's cartoony. Its homages to seminal horror films and cult films are lots of fun (everything from Psycho to Glen or Glenda).

For R-rated horror fans only (or, more properly: for fans of R-rated horror only).

Whatever.

FF=0
I'm only a PG-13-rated fan of R-rated horror movies.

But I don't know if I could sit through an entire movie listening to Jennifer Tilly's voice.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
fpw   08-31-2005, 07:58 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:But I don't know if I could sit through an entire movie listening to Jennifer Tilly's voice.

Know what you mean, but I find it somewhat endearing. And it was perfect for the tone of the film and her character.

Also, she looked pretty spiffy. Scrumpdiliumptuous even.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Anders Monsen   08-31-2005, 01:16 PM
I actually think Jennifer Tilly is somewhat under-rated, but not sure if I could sit through two hours of Chucky just to watch or listen to her. I still think BOUND contained one of her performances.
Mike   08-31-2005, 04:33 PM
I think Brad Douriff and Jennifer Tilly should be the Hollywood couple of the year. Bride and Seed of Chucky were two of the best romantic comedies I have ever seen. Big Grin . Also, Chucky wacking Brittany Speers is a major seller for me. "Whoops, I did it again!" Big Grin