fpw   08-09-2005, 11:41 AM
FF=0

This was better than I expected. Slow, yes, but with a building creepiness. I found the ending disappointing - could have done with a little explanation - but I kept my hand off the FF button.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
remylass   08-09-2005, 11:49 AM
It was much better than I expected. People had said such horrible things about it. I thought it was a little boring, but a little spooky. I will say that I really didn't care for the ending very much.
The Mad American   08-09-2005, 02:24 PM
fpw Wrote:FF=0

This was better than I expected. Slow, yes, but with a building creepiness. I found the ending disappointing - could have done with a little explanation - but I kept my hand off the FF button.

The ending did ruin this movie for me. Was a little too much run of the mill horror to fit with the rest of the movie which was more of a creepy atmospheric movie.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Medusa   08-09-2005, 06:35 PM
Although it got bad reviews I liked it too. d the ending though.
Sam   08-09-2005, 06:37 PM
SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!
I think the 3 dudes were supposed to be chaotic demons that used Keaton's obsessive "meddlings" as a portal into this world. A twist on the Ouija board possession. Maybe they represent the voices in the heads of killers and such. Making people do bad things, causing death and destruction. And Keaton stops someone under their influence so they take revenge. That's my guess.

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
neotank   08-11-2005, 08:57 AM
I also thought it was scary. I love the paranoia aspect of the movie and thought Micheal Keaton did a fine job, always thought he was an underused, and underrated actor.

But the ending was kinda bad.
Kenji   05-03-2007, 11:01 AM
At last, today I saw White Noise on DVD. Japanese title is "Silent Noise"...(whatever! Rolleyes )

Well, plot is nothing new, but it was pretty good. Sound effect was scary and well made. Visual effect was speedy and unclear, so it was excellent. This movie stimulated my eyes and ears.