RussM   07-31-2005, 11:54 PM
xxxxxxxxxx
This post was last modified: 10-31-2005, 06:35 PM by RussM.
Anders Monsen   08-01-2005, 11:25 AM
Arg, sometimes I hate trailers. They ransack the best parts of a film and jumble them together in a way that creates a two minute movie that often has nothing to do with the real picture. Witness the two different last shots from the trailers: Mal's shootout with the bounty hunter. Does it actually take place? If so when and how, and where in the timeline of the movie? I'm looking forward to SERENITY, but these trailers are messing with my mind...

Anders

PS. Only of the fraction of the above should be taken in jest Wink
ALowerDeep   08-01-2005, 01:32 PM
what in the world is serenity? I never heard of this movie what is it about?

ALOWERDEEP
Dave   08-01-2005, 02:01 PM
ALowerDeep Wrote:what in the world is serenity? I never heard of this movie what is it about?

ALOWERDEEP

A short lived TV show called Firefly hit the airwaves a couple of years ago. It was pure genius.

With it's cancellation came much gnashing of teeth and general woe. The internet errupted.

A DVD boxset was released and outshone all the competitors. The creator (Joss Whedon, the man behind Buffy and Angel) approached another studio about making a film. This is that film, has all the cast from the TV show, and a much bigger budget.

For the best possible viewing pleasure I'd recommend checking out the TV show (currently being re-shown on SciFi and available on DVD to rent and buy). Then you'll be chewing your arm off to see the film as soon as possible (you don't want to know what I'm typing this message with).

As to the plot, it is set 500 years in the future, the Alliance has brought all the planets under one rule after much resistance from the liberty loving 'Browncoats'. One surviving browncoat roams the skies in his Firefly class ship (called Serenity) as Captain of a motley bunch of folk who wish to remain moving, for their own reasons. To survive they take whatever jobs come along, legal, and not so legal, but a sense of moral justice always prevails.

Just google Firefly, there's a whole 'verse out there.

Dave