Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6   
The Mad American   10-10-2005, 12:32 PM
Jay #1 Wrote:SPOILERS (minor)

Despite the lack of belief that the one police officer shows toward Kolchak, he still took steps to take out the one that caused all the murders.

Spoilers...........................

I think after the guy tried to have the cop kill his wife and he was stopped by Kolchak his entire lack of belief went out the window, seemed to me he was pissed about that more then anything and his way of getting the guy back was to do what he did at the end of the show.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Maggers   11-25-2005, 11:42 PM
Was this series canceled? I watched the first few episodes then sort of forgot about it. Now I can't find it.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

willowz   11-26-2005, 03:21 PM
Maggers Wrote:Was this series canceled? I watched the first few episodes then sort of forgot about it. Now I can't find it.
It has been on the sci fi channel alot, and i jut purchased the dvd set, I have always loved this show, ever since I was a little munchkin. I used to make my grandmom watch it with me when I was about 7 or so. hahahah :p I am excited to see how they change it , I was just telling my brother that they should remake it. Big Grin Smile Big Grin
This post was last modified: 11-26-2005, 03:31 PM by willowz.
willowz   11-26-2005, 03:29 PM
KRW Wrote:Told you I wasn't sure. Big Grin Actually I've never seen "Queen of the Damned",
and after the thumbs down you and Jim both gave it, I doubt I will. But you have to admit that it does look like the charecter Dorian Grey out of the "League of Extrordinary Gentlemen". (although I'm going on a few years memory here)

KRW
Am I the only one who kinda liked that movie? Sad must be, I thought he was gorgeous,in the queen, and in the league, any way he did play Dorian Grey in the league, where he is immortal, because allof his age, and sins go into the portrait, not him Oscar Wilde wrote the novel, and it is a good read.
Jay #1   11-26-2005, 11:06 PM
Kolchak The Night Stalker Graphic novel is now out... and it is not from the new show.

The first story is the graphic novelization of the Kolchak tv movie that started everything many years ago.
The Mad American   11-28-2005, 01:46 PM
Lisa Wrote:Yup, canceled:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?id=33301

Yep, and the sons'a'bitches canceled it after the first of a two part episode that I thought was pretty good. Now I will never know what happened in the "to be continued.." second episode. That and how they get the cream in the twinkie will haunt me to my death bed.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Keith the Elder   11-28-2005, 02:18 PM
The Mad American Wrote:Yep, and the sons'a'bitches canceled it after the first of a two part episode that I thought was pretty good. Now I will never know what happened in the "to be continued.." second episode. That and how they get the cream in the twinkie will haunt me to my death bed.

The twinkie cream is actually a parasitic living organism that, when fertile, secretes a fluffy matrix that firms up around it on exposure to air. The pleasing aroma and the inviting golden texture of this crysalis lures unwitting creatures to ingest it, and thereby providing nourishment for the developing cream larvae.

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
willowz   11-29-2005, 04:14 PM
Keith the Elder Wrote:The twinkie cream is actually a parasitic living organism that, when fertile, secretes a fluffy matrix that firms up around it on exposure to air. The pleasing aroma and the inviting golden texture of this crysalis lures unwitting creatures to ingest it, and thereby providing nourishment for the developing cream larvae.
lol, Big Grin Big Grin and all of this time , i thought the omphaloophas were culprits.
willowz   11-29-2005, 04:37 PM
Mick C. Wrote:They just released (finally) the original KOLCHAK series as a DVD set. I had to order it. No extras, but it will be nice to have the full set. I already have the 2 pilots (NIGHT STALKER/NIGHT STRANGLER) on DVD.

I haven't seen the remake, but the pleasure of watching the original was McGavin's great acting and Kolchak's character. Seedy, down at the heels, hanging out in morgues and police stations, you would learn a lot more about real journalism from Carl Kolchak than you would from Carl Bernstein.

Plus, Carl was a coward at heart who still did what he had to do - perhaps the best example of bravery in a TV character. I remember an episode where he hid in a monster's closet when the monster (Jack the Ripper) came home. Jack started sorting through his clothes in the closet, getting closer and closer to where Carl is cowering in the corner...until Carl suddenly has a panic attack, screams, and runs out of the closet yelling. Classic scene, I don't think many action heroes would do the same thing, but most of us would.

That is my favorite ep of the old series, lol, you are so right about the coward part.
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6