Pages (6): 1 2 3 4 5 6   
The Mad American   06-13-2005, 01:05 PM
As I was watching the NBA finals last night (Go Spurs, not a fan just really really don't like the Pistons) ABC was playing ads for their new series, "The Nightstalker" It is a remake of the 70's Nightstalker with Darin McGavin.

It is being done by the creator of the X-Files Chris Carter so I am holding out hope it will be as good as I remember the original being.

I used to love that show.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Mike   06-13-2005, 01:11 PM
The Mad American Wrote:As I was watching the NBA finals last night (Go Spurs, not a fan just really really don't like the Pistons) ABC was playing ads for their new series, "The Nightstalker" It is a remake of the 70's Nightstalker with Darin McGavin.

It is being done by the creator of the X-Files Chris Carter so I am holding out hope it will be as good as I remember the original being.

I used to love that show.

That was one of my favorites when I was young, too. I took a break from a "Nightstalker" marathon which is going on right now on the Sci-Fi channel when I noticed this thread. Who will play Kolchak? I hope they show the same sense of humor that the original displayed! Of course the FX will be better, but part of the charm of the original lay in Darrin Mcgavin's wit and humor.
The Mad American   06-13-2005, 01:16 PM
Mike Wrote:That was one of my favorites when I was young, too. I took a break from a "Nightstalker" marathon which is going on right now on the Sci-Fi channel when I noticed this thread. Who will play Kolchak? I hope they show the same sense of humor that the original displayed! Of course the FX will be better, but part of the charm of the original lay in Darrin Mcgavin's wit and humor.

Dangit!! Didn't know there was Kolchak marathon on SciFi now. And my Tivo is on the blink and I have to be at work....I think I am developing a cough...yeah and a sore throat...cough, cough.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

jimbow8   06-13-2005, 01:17 PM
I've never seen this but you have me intriqued. I looked on IMDb and it looks like Stuart Townsend is going to play Carl Kolchak.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460665/

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Keith the Elder   06-13-2005, 01:32 PM
Mike Wrote:That was one of my favorites when I was young, too. I took a break from a "Nightstalker" marathon which is going on right now on the Sci-Fi channel when I noticed this thread. Who will play Kolchak? I hope they show the same sense of humor that the original displayed! Of course the FX will be better, but part of the charm of the original lay in Darrin Mcgavin's wit and humor.

I hear that. I loved those scenes with Kolchak and Vincenzo (Simon Oakland, one of my all time favorite character actors) This will be a hard act to follow!!!

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
EGWilliams   06-13-2005, 02:36 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:I've never seen this but you have me intriqued. I looked on IMDb and it looks like Stuart Townsend is going to play Carl Kolchak.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460665/

I just don't see Townsend as Kolchak, but I'm looking forward to giving the show a try.
Here's hoping the material Townsend is working with this time is loads better than the film version of "Queen of the Damned" which he played Lestat in. I did enjoy his performance as Dorian Gray in "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" though. Wonder if he'll keep his native Irish accent or adopt an American one instead?
All Thumbs   06-13-2005, 03:18 PM
I remember watching this show on Friday nights while I was babysitting (I was maybe 12 or 13) and being scared out of my briefs :eek:
Mick C.   06-17-2005, 07:54 PM
Really? That was (and is) one of my favorite shows, interesting to see how they'll do it. It was a major influence for Chris Carter, I'll have to watch it.

On the old forum, I posted a thread where I said Townsend would make a good Rasolom. I still think so.

[Image: doriangraylxg.jpg]

"Flow with the Go."

- Rickson Gracie
Maggers   06-17-2005, 09:44 PM
Mick C. Wrote:Really? That was (and is) one of my favorite shows, interesting to see how they'll do it. It was a major influence for Chris Carter, I'll have to watch it.

On the old forum, I posted a thread where I said Townsend would make a good Rasolom. I still think so.

[Image: doriangraylxg.jpg]

That's a good "Reborn" Rasalom. But in the RJ books, I seem him older, much more malelvolent, slicker, meaner, nastier.

How good an actor is Townsend? I was not impressed by whatever vampire movie he was in.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

KRW   06-17-2005, 10:07 PM
Maggers Wrote:That's a good "Reborn" Rasalom. But in the RJ books, I seem him older, much more malelvolent, slicker, meaner, nastier.

How good an actor is Townsend? I was not impressed by whatever vampire movie he was in.

Spoilers on Reprisal, Read at your own risk!!!!

Ah Maggers, he was no vampire in "The League of Extrordinay Gentlemen". I'm not sure what he was, (but he was immortal until he looked at his self portrait that aged while he didn't) He was Dorian Grey, I believe. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.
Actually, I think he would make a great R- guy. I'd rather have Jonny Depp though! And remember, all these Jack novels take place before Reprisal where he was a collage student! He can make himself look like anything, (maybe that's why we all picture him differantly). If you don't belive me, Ask Mrs Lom!

KRW
Pages (6): 1 2 3 4 5 6