Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6   
Scott Miller   06-17-2005, 11:57 PM
KRW Wrote:And remember, all these Jack novels take place before Reprisal where he was a collage student! KRW

I roomed across the hall from him my freshman year and the guy could work miracles with just a few pictures and bubblegum. Mean scrapbooker too. Big Grin

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
jimbow8   06-18-2005, 03:11 AM
KRW Wrote:Spoilers on Reprisal, Read at your own risk!!!!

Ah Maggers, he was no vampire in "The League of Extrordinay Gentlemen". I'm not sure what he was, (but he was immortal until he looked at his self portrait that aged while he didn't) He was Dorian Grey, I believe. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.
Actually, I think he would make a great R- guy. I'd rather have Jonny Depp though! And remember, all these Jack novels take place before Reprisal where he was a collage student! He can make himself look like anything, (maybe that's why we all picture him differantly). If you don't belive me, Ask Mrs Lom!

KRW
I think she is referring to Queen of the Damned, which SUCKED!!

At least what little I saw of it.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Maggers   06-18-2005, 04:10 AM
KRW Wrote:Ah Maggers, he was no vampire in "The League of Extrordinay Gentlemen".
KRW

Jim is correct. I was speaking of "Queen of the Damned," where he played the vampire Lestat. And it totally sucked. Right again, Jim!

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

KRW   06-19-2005, 10:10 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:I roomed across the hall from him my freshman year and the guy could work miracles with just a few pictures and bubblegum. Mean scrapbooker too. Big Grin

Let me guess, he named one them the "Compendium of Sram"! :eek:
Talk about dancin' with the devil in the pale moonlight! If I was you, I'd start looking for hair on my palms! You never know. Wink

KRW
KRW   06-19-2005, 10:16 PM
Maggers Wrote:Jim is correct. I was speaking of "Queen of the Damned," where he played the vampire Lestat. And it totally sucked. Right again, Jim!

Told you I wasn't sure. Big Grin Actually I've never seen "Queen of the Damned",
and after the thumbs down you and Jim both gave it, I doubt I will. But you have to admit that it does look like the charecter Dorian Grey out of the "League of Extrordinary Gentlemen". (although I'm going on a few years memory here)

KRW
Maggers   06-19-2005, 10:48 PM
KRW Wrote:Told you I wasn't sure. Big Grin Actually I've never seen "Queen of the Damned",
and after the thumbs down you and Jim both gave it, I doubt I will. But you have to admit that it does look like the charecter Dorian Grey out of the "League of Extrordinary Gentlemen". (although I'm going on a few years memory here)

KRW

And I haven't seen "League of Extraordinary Gentleman," so I couldn't say. Big Grin

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

jimbow8   06-20-2005, 09:56 AM
Maggers Wrote:And I haven't seen "League of Extraordinary Gentleman," so I couldn't say. Big Grin
I found LXG to be a horrible movie also. Maybe not as bad as Queen of the Damned, but I don't think I finished watching either one.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
sll   06-20-2005, 04:27 PM
Keith the Elder Wrote:I hear that. I loved those scenes with Kolchak and Vincenzo (Simon Oakland, one of my all time favorite character actors) This will be a hard act to follow!!!

Of course like anything, it will depend greatly on the writing. Richard Matheson wrote on the original. Great show that got canceled too early.

I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member.
I drink to make other people interesting.
-Groucho Marx

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than to have a frontal lobotomy.
-Randy Hanzlick
The Mad American   06-21-2005, 02:14 PM
sll Wrote:Of course like anything, it will depend greatly on the writing. Richard Matheson wrote on the original. Great show that got canceled too early.

And from the previews I have been seeing it looks like they are going to take the serious dark approach to it, kind of like Millenium (which I liked, mostly for Lance Henricksen's acting, and decent writing).

Crossing my fingers it will be good.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Maggers   10-04-2005, 05:11 PM
I'm surprised no one has written about this yet. "Night Stalker" premiered the other night. Did anyone catch it? I enjoyed it, though I missed a bit about 3/4 of the way through, so I can't say for sure if it really held water. I did like what I saw, though the female lead is weak.

Darren McGavin had a cameo...he was just hanging around the newsroom in the vicinity of the 2 leads. He had no lines, he just was there wearing his standard old "Kolchak" costume and holding that ratty hat. Cute.

BTW, Stuart Townsend would make a good "Reborn" era Rasalom.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6