Pages (4):    1 2 3 4   
sll   06-10-2005, 11:56 PM
SteveBlack Wrote:If you saw my book bill on Visa each month you'd know I'm not tight with dosh!! It arrived today and I'd spent £180 this month alone on fpw stuff :eek:

Oh yeah Scotland. Isn't that up by Greenland. What the heck else is there to do there but read. I mean how many times can you go through a castle?

I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member.
I drink to make other people interesting.
-Groucho Marx

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than to have a frontal lobotomy.
-Randy Hanzlick
Ken Valentine   06-11-2005, 12:24 AM
sll Wrote:I mean how many times can you go through a castle?

Quite a few if you happen to live there. Big Grin

Ken V.
Medusa   06-11-2005, 06:22 PM
sll Wrote:Oh yeah Scotland. Isn't that up by Greenland. What the heck else is there to do there but read. I mean how many times can you go through a castle?
I would LOVE to see Scotland! I'm hoping that on Pete and Lisa's next trip back there, we can tag along.
sll   06-11-2005, 09:12 PM
Medusa Wrote:I would LOVE to see Scotland! I'm hoping that on Pete and Lisa's next trip back there, we can tag along.

I'm afraid my sarcastic wit doesn't translate well in print...

Hey nice pick up there Steve on the uncorrected proof of "The Keep" on ebay.

I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member.
I drink to make other people interesting.
-Groucho Marx

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than to have a frontal lobotomy.
-Randy Hanzlick
Ken Valentine   06-12-2005, 12:56 AM
sll Wrote:I'm afraid my sarcastic wit doesn't translate well in print...

Translated pretty well for me.

(This time anyway.) Big Grin

Ken V.
SteveBlack   06-12-2005, 03:59 PM
sll Wrote:Hey nice pick up there Steve on the uncorrected proof of "The Keep" on ebay.

Aye - it was fairly pricey but fills quite a big gap in my collection! Were you after it as well or just keeping an eye on it?
Kev The Brit   06-13-2005, 01:04 AM
I'd have to say that Steve is not your stereotypical scotsman - very generous guy totally unlike the scots seen on Tv / Films as penny pinching misers. Steve knows why !!! all the best, kevin
Ken Valentine   06-13-2005, 01:56 AM
Kev The Brit Wrote:I'd have to say that Steve is not your stereotypical scotsman - very generous guy totally unlike the scots seen on Tv / Films as penny pinching misers. Steve knows why !!! all the best, kevin

In centuries past, there were very hard times in Scotland. Thrift was important -- even crucial -- to survival. As the old adage goes; effects come from causes. It's understandable if you look at history.

Ken V.
Biggles   06-13-2005, 09:20 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:In centuries past, there were very hard times in Scotland. Thrift was important -- even crucial -- to survival. As the old adage goes; effects come from causes. It's understandable if you look at history.

Ken V.

Quite true. Just watch Braveheart or Rob Roy to see how they were oppressed.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Bluesman Mike Lindner   06-13-2005, 12:33 PM
Biggles Wrote:31,000 Algerian Dinars! Big Grin

You must be mad! Why, I bought my junior wife for less than that! Plus, her father threw in a fine charger to seal the deal! (And man, can that horse cook...)
This post was last modified: 06-13-2005, 12:39 PM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4