Pages (4): 1 2 3 4   
Joe Konrath   06-06-2005, 12:26 AM
I liked it a lot. The ending, where Jack gets the sex-change operation, was quite the shocker. Big changes will have to be made in the Nightworld rewrite.

But seriously, the book rocked. Creepy, compelling, and damn ballsy as well. Plus (no kidding) I actually got a little misty-eyed in spots. Not that I'll ever reveal that outloud, because I'm 100% macho man.

It was a pleasure running into you in NY, Paul! You're looking good, for an older guy.

love,

Joe, who invites all to my booklaunch party June 18. My website for details. http://www.jakonrath.com
KRW   06-06-2005, 12:30 AM
Joe Konrath Wrote:I liked it a lot. The ending, where Jack gets the sex-change operation, was quite the shocker. Big changes will have to be made in the Nightworld rewrite.

But seriously, the book rocked. Creepy, compelling, and damn ballsy as well. Plus (no kidding) I actually got a little misty-eyed in spots. Not that I'll ever reveal that outloud, because I'm 100% macho man.

It was a pleasure running into you in NY, Paul! You're looking good, for an older guy.

love,

Joe, who invites all to my booklaunch party June 18. My website for details. http://www.jakonrath.com

I'll agree with this post 100%! And yeah, I'm a Macho man too! Wink

KRW- damn allergies Wink
Tony H   06-06-2005, 09:19 AM
KRW Wrote:I'll agree with this post 100%! And yeah, I'm a Macho man too! Wink

KRW- damn allergies Wink

Well, I very well might have to wait this one out. I cried at the PBS documentary "Meet the Meerkat" when a little meerkat baby was swooped away by an eagle and the mama meerkat ran across open terrain staring heavenward as her baby was carried to certain death. The mother meerkat just screamed as she was running knowing all hope was lost but wanting to at least try to see her beloved pup one last time. Jesus...hang on...

Okay, the screen got all blurry, must be computer problems. Where was I, Infernal, yes. I may have to wait on it if the macho men got misty.

-Tony

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
fpw   06-06-2005, 11:11 AM
Joe Konrath Wrote:But seriously, the book rocked.

You read it already??? You got it only Saturday night.

(For the rest of you: We ran into each other at the Thriller Writers reception at Book Expo America in NYC over the weekend. Forge had ARCs made up for the reception and the convention -- yet another item for you completists. Keep an eye on Ebay.)

Good seeing you Joe. Wish I could be at the launch party.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Marc   06-06-2005, 12:01 PM
fpw Wrote:You read it already???

Well, it is a good read. Probably one of the best Jack books to date. Had a very unique feel to it in my opinion.
Marc   06-06-2005, 12:12 PM
Joe Konrath Wrote:Joe, who invites all to my booklaunch party June 18.

I'll be there. Scott and Jim, you two still planning on going?
Bluesman Mike Lindner   06-06-2005, 02:56 PM
Joe Konrath Wrote:I liked it a lot. The ending, where Jack gets the sex-change operation, was quite the shocker. Big changes will have to be made in the Nightworld rewrite.

love,

Jack gets =another= sex-change operation??? :confused:
Joe Konrath   06-06-2005, 08:11 PM
fpw Wrote:You read it already??? You got it only Saturday night.

Flight got delayed. Had lots of airport time.

I thought you did a great job with Tom. Very well drawn (to say more would spoil it for folks). Gia also may be the only girlfriend in modern thriller fiction that doesn't annoy the hell out of me. I liked her, and felt for her.

While the book isn't as action-packed as some of the other RJ's, it's easily the most suspenseful. Talk about a ticking clock! And the Lilitongue creeped me out. I could picture it perfectly.

And for you guys who haven't read it yet... be prepared for some big shocks. My wife Maria couldn't believe the beginning, and she yelled at me like it was my fault.

Paul, tell her it wasn't my fault.

I agree with Marc--one of the best. It takes big risks, and pays off.

Joe
Biggles   06-06-2005, 08:20 PM
Joe Konrath Wrote:Flight got delayed. Had lots of airport time.

I thought you did a great job with Tom. Very well drawn (to say more would spoil it for folks). Gia also may be the only girlfriend in modern thriller fiction that doesn't annoy the hell out of me. I liked her, and felt for her.

While the book isn't as action-packed as some of the other RJ's, it's easily the most suspenseful. Talk about a ticking clock! And the Lilitongue creeped me out. I could picture it perfectly.

And for you guys who haven't read it yet... be prepared for some big shocks. My wife Maria couldn't believe the beginning, and she yelled at me like it was my fault.

Paul, tell her it wasn't my fault.

I agree with Marc--one of the best. It takes big risks, and pays off.

Joe

Hi Joe.

Loved Whiskey Sour and I can't wait for the next one. Don't think I can make your party, but "break a leg". Tell Maria "hi" for me. Glad to see you doing so well, bro! Keep it up; I think you've got a "franchise" there with Jack Daniels.

Love (in a very masculine way) Biggles.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
jimbow8   06-06-2005, 09:32 PM
Marc B. Wrote:I'll be there. Scott and Jim, you two still planning on going?
I am going to try, but a friend is getting married on 19th, so the 18th will be a rehearsal dinner type thing and I don't know when that starts. I want to pick up a copy of the book though.
This post was last modified: 06-06-2005, 09:35 PM by jimbow8.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Pages (4): 1 2 3 4