Pages (4):    1 2 3 4   
KRW   06-06-2005, 09:44 PM
AsMoral Wrote:Well, I very well might have to wait this one out. I cried at the PBS documentary "Meet the Meerkat" when a little meerkat baby was swooped away by an eagle and the mama meerkat ran across open terrain staring heavenward as her baby was carried to certain death. The mother meerkat just screamed as she was running knowing all hope was lost but wanting to at least try to see her beloved pup one last time. Jesus...hang on...

Okay, the screen got all blurry, must be computer problems. Where was I, Infernal, yes. I may have to wait on it if the macho men got misty.

-Tony

Waiting is NOT an option! I'll tell ya, If I can handle it, you can handle it. That meerkat scene was not meant for human eye's and any normal person would leave the screen with tears in their eyes!
Couple a shots of tequilla and you'll be ready to go! Wink

KRW
fpw   06-06-2005, 09:50 PM
Joe Konrath Wrote:Paul, tell her it wasn't my fault.

Ave, Maria -- Joe made me do it.

Paul

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
CANADIANRJFAN   06-07-2005, 12:46 AM
Joe Konrath Wrote:I liked it a lot. The ending, where Jack gets the sex-change operation, was quite the shocker. Big changes will have to be made in the Nightworld rewrite.

But seriously, the book rocked. Creepy, compelling, and damn ballsy as well. Plus (no kidding) I actually got a little misty-eyed in spots. Not that I'll ever reveal that outloud, because I'm 100% macho man.

It was a pleasure running into you in NY, Paul! You're looking good, for an older guy.

love,

Joe, who invites all to my booklaunch party June 18. My website for details. http://www.jakonrath.com

A sex-change operation? Say it isn't so.
Keith the Elder   06-07-2005, 01:29 PM
CANADIANRJFAN Wrote:A sex-change operation? Say it isn't so.

Yeah, he really shoulda qualified that post with A SPOILER ALERT

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
KRW   06-07-2005, 02:25 PM
CANADIANRJFAN Wrote:A sex-change operation? Say it isn't so.

Jack with PMS. Now that is a scary thought! Big Grin

KRW
Biggles   06-07-2005, 06:32 PM
KRW Wrote:Jack with PMS. Now that is a scary thought! Big Grin

KRW

Not half as scary as CRS! Now what was my point? :confused:

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
jaybird   06-07-2005, 09:53 PM
How did you guys get your copies of Infernal already? I pre-ordered mine about 2 months ago. I didn't think it was due out till later this month. The only date I could find for release was simply "June". Ratfarts, I feel like the train left the station and I wasn't on it. I realize I live way down here in Georgia, and we talk real slow but, I WANT MY BOOK NOW !!! Sad
Biggles   06-08-2005, 12:20 AM
jaybird Wrote:How did you guys get your copies of Infernal already? I pre-ordered mine about 2 months ago. I didn't think it was due out till later this month. The only date I could find for release was simply "June". Ratfarts, I feel like the train left the station and I wasn't on it. I realize I live way down here in Georgia, and we talk real slow but, I WANT MY BOOK NOW !!! Sad

ARCs: Advance Reading Copies. They're produced in very limited quantities for distribution to the press and critics.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Tony H   06-08-2005, 12:37 AM
Biggles Wrote:ARCs: Advance Reading Copies. They're produced in very limited quantities for distribution to the press and critics.

Of which Biggles is neither. But he has his ways, be it scouting ebay or hounding the authors into submission with stories of how his son is going to Italy to study abroad.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Ken Valentine   06-08-2005, 02:30 AM
AsMoral Wrote:Of which Biggles is neither. But he has his ways, be it scouting ebay or hounding the authors into submission with stories of how his son is going to Italy to study abroad.

Actually, I think he is going to study broads in Japan. Big Grin

Ken V.
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4