Pages (4): 1 2 3 4   
thisisatest   06-03-2005, 06:08 PM
Steve D
I saw Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer last night and was blown away. I did not see that ending coming. It reminded me of the ending to Night of the Living Dead the first time I saw it. So, I thought it would be a good idea to post some movies that have endings that you don't see coming and are great. My third pick for best ending would be The Sting. What are your picks?

"He knows more than you've ever forgotten...in your little finger." Laurel's Sister defending Stan to Oliver.
jimbow8   06-03-2005, 06:15 PM
Se7en

Jim

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Maggers   06-03-2005, 06:19 PM
thisisatest Wrote:Steve D
I saw Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer last night and was blown away. I did not see that ending coming.

Great movie! I saw it in 1986 when it came out and loved it. Haven't seen it since. Needless to say, with my brain functioning as it does, I don't remember the ending. No need to tell me; I'll put it on netflix and watch it again. I had always hoped Michael Rooker would have gone on to bigger and better things, but he hasn't really. He's had a steady career playing thugs and law enforcement agents, but nothing really big followed that whopper of a debut.

I'll have to think about endings of others.....more later.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Scott Miller   06-03-2005, 06:19 PM
I saw Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer last night and was blown away. I did not see that ending coming. It reminded me of the ending to Night of the Living Dead the first time I saw it. So, I thought it would be a good idea to post some movies that have endings that you don't see coming and are great. My third pick for best ending would be The Sting. What are your picks?

Although the endings made both of these movies less enjoyable on the second helping, The Sixth Sense and The Usual Suspects were phenomenal.

To Live and Die in L.A. is a great movie with a shocker of an ending.

John Carpenter's The Thing has got to be on any list.

The multiple threads of Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels are brilliantly tied up during the final scene.

And I thought the ending of Big Fish elevated a mediocre movie into something fairly profound.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Maggers   06-03-2005, 06:20 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:Although the endings made both of these movies less enjoyable on the second helping, The Sixth Sense and The Usual Suspects were phenomenal.

To Live and Die in L.A. is a great movie with a shocker of an ending.

John Carpenter's The Thing has got to be on any list.

The multiple threads of Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels are brilliantly tied up during the final scene.

And I thought the ending of Big Fish elevated a mediocre movie into something fairly profound.

Scott, may I take a moment here and say that I love to read your reviews, analyses and assessments of films. They're always interesting and right on the money.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Kenji   06-03-2005, 06:22 PM

The Usual Suspects: Kevin Spacy as Verbal. In the last scene. His walking scene in the crowded street. His legs! :eek: What a great twisted ending!
Scott Miller   06-03-2005, 06:26 PM
Maggers Wrote:Scott, may I take a moment here and say that I love to read your reviews, analyses and assessments of films. They're always interesting and right on the money.

But of course and thanks. This board, outside of a single movie-going friend, is about the only place I get to discuss films that fall outside of mainstream and I work at a video store. My recommendations tend to fall on deaf ears.

Scott

Keith the Elder   06-03-2005, 07:14 PM
Vanilla Sky : I Did Not See That Coming At All!!!

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
Scott Miller   06-03-2005, 07:21 PM
Kenji Wrote:The Usual Suspects: Kevin Spacy as Verbal. In the last scene. His walking scene in the crowded street. His legs! :eek: What a great twisted ending!

My favorite part is right before that when Agent Kujan starts piecing the clues together, exactly the same time as me. The Usual Suspects is one of my favorite movie-going experiences, I was completely psyched when I left the theater trying to see if I should have seen it coming.

Scott

Scott Miller   06-03-2005, 07:23 PM
I'm going to keep mentioning it until someone, anyone sees it. Nine Queens, and I urge you to watch it before you see the English-speaking remake, Criminal, has an ending to be cheered.

Scott

Pages (4): 1 2 3 4