Pages (4):    1 2 3 4   
Scott Miller   06-03-2005, 07:33 PM
The wife just chimed in with The Shawshank Redemption and I must agree.

And then she adds another winner, Silence of the Lambs.
This post was last modified: 06-03-2005, 07:36 PM by Scott Miller.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Scott Miller   06-03-2005, 07:35 PM
thisisatest Wrote:Steve D
I saw Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer last night and was blown away. I did not see that ending coming. It reminded me of the ending to Night of the Living Dead the first time I saw it. So, I thought it would be a good idea to post some movies that have endings that you don't see coming and are great. My third pick for best ending would be The Sting. What are your picks?

And I gotta say Henry was one of the more disturbingly scary films I've seen.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Maggers   06-03-2005, 08:27 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:I'm going to keep mentioning it until someone, anyone sees it. Nine Queens, and I urge you to watch it before you see the English-speaking remake, Criminal, has an ending to be cheered.

I just add Nine Queens to my Netflix queue and bumped it to the top. Don't say no one listens to you. Big Grin

OK, this is as corny as the day is long, and I'll probably be laughed off the board, but I love the end of "Gone With The Wind."

I've got to add some that have already been mentioned:

The Sixth Sense....I'll never forget it; loved it so much I had to go back and see it 2 more times in the theater.

The Usual Suspects....also unforgettable
This post was last modified: 06-04-2005, 09:17 AM by Maggers.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

KRW   06-03-2005, 09:14 PM
Was that a spoiler Maggers? Wink

KRW- Gone like the wind
Kenji   06-03-2005, 10:54 PM
Keith the Elder Wrote:Vanilla Sky : I Did Not See That Coming At All!!!

Hi, Keith.

Have you ever seen original Spanish movie, "Open your Eyes"? I prefer original. How 'bout you? Smile
Kenji   06-03-2005, 10:59 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:My favorite part is right before that when Agent Kujan starts piecing the clues together, exactly the same time as me. The Usual Suspects is one of my favorite movie-going experiences, I was completely psyched when I left the theater trying to see if I should have seen it coming.

I totally agree with you, Scott.

All actors and actress are great, and all dialogues are very twisted and excellent. Kevin Spacy definitely deserve to Academy awards.
Kenji   06-04-2005, 04:45 AM
Midnight Express--This is not like a Great Escape, but this last scene was good. Still, this is Alan Parker's best movie and best ending.

Casablanca--"Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship." Wink

Gattaca--Ethan Hawke, Uma Thuman, Jude Law.....Good performers in very cool and beautiful movie. Especially, I like this lines. "You're gonna miss your flight Vincent". This is best ending!

Raising Cain--What a surprise ending!

Primal Fear--What a awesome ending! I don't know why nobody mention this movie. Edward Norton was young but great! I saw this movie in theater, but after I saw this, I couldn't stand up from seat because that was shocking and stunned.

No way out--Landlord! He cheated Kevin Costner. Not only that. That man cheated us!
Flinx   06-04-2005, 06:57 AM
The original The Italian Job.
Maggers   06-04-2005, 09:14 AM
Kenji Wrote:Primal Fear--What a awesome ending! I don't know why nobody mention this movie. Edward Norton was young but great! I saw this movie in theater, but after I saw this, I couldn't stand up from seat because that was shocking and stunned.

Good pick, Kenji. I'd read the book, which was terrific, before I saw the film, so no suprise for me. I think that I kinda sorta expected that ending as I was reading the book.

kenji Wrote:No way out--Landlord! He cheated Kevin Costner. Not only that. That man cheated us!

Excellent choice, Kenji!

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Maggers   06-04-2005, 09:17 AM
KRW Wrote:Was that a spoiler Maggers? Wink

KRW- Gone like the wind

You are absolutely correct, Ken. I apologize and dont know how I could have been so careless. This is a great endng thread, which means no one should disclose the ends because, well, they're great. Duh!

I removed the offending sentence. Maybe you could edit your post and remove that sentence, too, so that it won't spoil the movie for those who haven't seen GWTW. Silly me, I just figured the entire world has seen that movie. Thanks for pointing that out.
This post was last modified: 06-04-2005, 11:20 AM by Maggers.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Pages (4):    1 2 3 4