Pages (16):    1 12 13 14 15 16   
pygar   06-21-2004, 04:26 PM
nijimeijer Wrote:Someone mentioned Fatal Frame earlier in this thread (I think). Not a movie, but a recent terrifying experience. Any other gamers out there thinking of scary games? I know the Resident Evil games are more of a letdown in the scare genre; more like slasher/shock movies than anything else.

I know Eternal Darkness was freaky. And the upcoming Doom III looks very, very intense.

Personally, I still think the Thief games and the System Shock games are the pinnacle of creepiness in games. System Shock 2's zombie/cyborgs were quite unsettling.

The first PC Game for BLAIR WITCH PROJECT was intensely scary for most of the game - it really worked on me, which the movie didn't. Floating zombies, creepy noises, dead things in the woods - brrrr.

pygar
Dave   06-22-2004, 07:53 AM
pygar Wrote:The creature in POSSESSION was built by Carlo Rambaldi - an italian special effects guy who also built E.T. the Extra Terrestrial, as well as the seventies full size KING KONG! He started off doing gore effects for Dario Argento movies. I knew I could swing this all back to horror eventually!

He also predicted Sydney Bristow would play an important part in the fate of the world and left clues 500 years ago for the CIA to find. It's possible his work on immortality went quite well too (although the old dude was shot before he could divulge more).

Same guy, isn't it? Big Grin

Dave
Susan   06-22-2004, 10:03 AM
Dave Wrote:He also predicted Sydney Bristow would play an important part in the fate of the world and left clues 500 years ago for the CIA to find. It's possible his work on immortality went quite well too (although the old dude was shot before he could divulge more).

Same guy, isn't it? Big Grin

Dave

LOL! Wouldn't that be something?

The ratings for Alias have gone down considerably this season in the US. I think it's because they won't end the Rambaldi storyline. It was fascinating the first two years, but c'mon, it's time to move on!

Susan (who misses chatting with The Brit)

FPW Stores:
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~ Oscar Wilde

Insanity in individuals is something rare -- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule.~Nietzche
Kenji   06-22-2004, 10:07 AM
Susan Wrote:LOL! Wouldn't that be something?

The ratings for Alias have gone down considerably this season in the US. I think it's because they won't end the Rambaldi storyline. It was fascinating the first two years, but c'mon, it's time to move on!

Oh...Alias! Smile

In Japan, broadcasted only two seasons. How many seasons broadcasting in US?
Susan   06-22-2004, 10:14 AM
Kenji Asakura Wrote:Oh...Alias! Smile

In Japan, broadcasted only two seasons. How many seasons broadcasting in US?

Kenji,

We finished the third season a couple of months ago. Season 4 starts in January, I believe.

Susan

FPW Stores:
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~ Oscar Wilde

Insanity in individuals is something rare -- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule.~Nietzche
Kenji   06-22-2004, 10:27 AM
Susan Wrote:Kenji,

We finished the third season a couple of months ago. Season 4 starts in January, I believe.

Susan

Season 4!? Wow! Then, maybe....like a ER or X-Files, to be continue on season 8 or 9 ? Smile
Dave   06-22-2004, 01:19 PM
Susan Wrote:LOL! Wouldn't that be something?

I can see that, although the third season (which is about 3/4 through in the UK) hasn't been about it much. I like it as a background interest, otherwise it would just be a spy show, but the Rambaldi stuff edges it towards wierd, which I like Smile

Dave (who has been busy but should be available for chats in July!)
Dave   06-22-2004, 01:23 PM
Kenji Asakura Wrote:Season 4!? Wow! Then, maybe....like a ER or X-Files, to be continue on season 8 or 9 ? Smile

According to an article on the BBC website the series is going to go back to basics and according to the ABC Prez, could be around for years to come (TV Exec talk for we'll see how it does in Season 4).

Alias Article

Sorry for dragging this a little off-topic.

Dave

PS It would appear this info was pulled from the US TV Guide, so apologies if I'm teaching to the taught.
This post was last modified: 06-22-2004, 01:26 PM by Dave.
Kenji   03-29-2006, 09:14 AM
Yeah, I know this is old thread, but I just wanted to say "Los Sin nombre" is a truly best horror flick in recent memory. This is Spanish horror film. The English title is "The Nameless". Based on the novel by Ramsey Campbell.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0222368/

Last night, I found this video in rental store, and I saw it. I shivered with fear! Main characters are wife and husband and their daughter, and ex-cop. One morning, husband took a call from police. Police said they found out daughter's corpse. That was a beginning of shocking incidernt. Five years later, wife took a call from a girl. But the girl on the phone did say "I'm still alive..."

Recently I watched some horror/thriller films, but this "The Nameless" was very scary. Last night, I got horrible while I am watching it. When is this end? Happy ending? Unhappy ending? I can't say the detail about it. But last 30 minutes, I could hear my heartbeat.....(exaggerated?)
HaroldDemure   03-29-2006, 11:11 AM
'28 Days Later' was the last great one that i have seen.
Pages (16):    1 12 13 14 15 16