Pages (16):    1 10 11 12 13 14 16   
Kenji   06-20-2004, 09:50 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:In certain parts of Califnordia, they'd probably call them Pasta Westerns.

Ken v.

Pasta Western !?........... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Bluesman Mike Lindner   06-20-2004, 10:02 AM
Kenji Asakura Wrote:Pasta Western !?........... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Ken is making a joke here, Kenji (and a good one), but I'm not sure an explanation (at least the way I'd put it) wouldn't drain the humor out of it. Anyone want to try to explain to Kenji?
This post was last modified: 06-20-2004, 10:14 AM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
Kenji   06-20-2004, 10:21 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Ken is making a joke here, Kenji (and a good one), but I'm not sure an explanation (at least the way I'd put it) wouldn't drain the humor out of it. Anyone want to try to explain to Kenji?

Hey, I knew it's joke, Mike. Big Grin I've never heard before pasta western.
But macaroni western is real. It's not joke. Cool
This post was last modified: 06-20-2004, 10:24 AM by Kenji.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   06-20-2004, 10:42 AM
Sam Wrote:There must be something wrong with me becasue I don't think I've ever seen a truly scary movie. Plenty of movies with scary parts, but never been kept on the edge of my seat for the whole thing. Too many movies are predictable, I guess. Throw out predictability and you will have the greatest flick of all time.
On a different note, I believe I may have found the all-time worst horror movie EVER.... many years ago my friends and I decided to have a "bad beer and bad movie" night. (Hey, in a boring town you have to come up with odd forms of entertainment.) The movie was called "The Abomination". A perfect name for this turd. In the end, the beers we bought turned out to be the most horrifying experience of the night. Ever had Cook's beer before guys??? It's 12 ounces of pure bowel cleaner. I kept looking for Mr. Yuck on the label.

Have you seen THE EXORCIST, Sam? I was 22 when that came out, and the night after I saw it I still slept with the light on, my loaded rifle by my bed, and a bottle of holy water within reach. (I was raised Catholic...not sure if it would have the same effect on hell-bound heathens Big Grin .)
pygar   06-20-2004, 10:54 AM
Kenji Asakura Wrote:Val Kilmer's best movie is TOP SECRET! Big Grin (Oops, this is not horror...)

BTW....Recently, I saw old('80) horror movie,"Posession" on TV. Performers are Isabelle Adjani and Sam Neill. Has anybody seen this movie?

This is almost nightmare! What was that creepy creature? I've never seen that before. In bed with Isabelle Adjani and creature...

Gee, what agrotesque! :eek:

The creature in POSSESSION was built by Carlo Rambaldi - an italian special effects guy who also built E.T. the Extra Terrestrial, as well as the seventies full size KING KONG! He started off doing gore effects for Dario Argento movies. I knew I could swing this all back to horror eventually!

THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY (my favourite western) has just come out in the UK on DVD as a special edition with extra footage and a documentary! Also check out another Spaghetti Western A FISTFUL OF DYNAMITE (aka DUCK YOU SUCKER or GIU LA TESTA) - it's another Sergio Leone epic with James Coburn and Rod Steiger in the lead roles. An IRA explosives expert and a Mexican bandit team up to take on the Army - Leone exorcises a some of his experiences of war-time Italy in this one. Awesome.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   06-20-2004, 03:04 PM
Kenji Asakura Wrote:Hey, I knew it's joke, Mike. Big Grin I've never heard before pasta western.

No offense intended, Kenji. I just wasn't sure if an hombre who didn't grow up in the States would understand the linguistic/sociological point of the jest. Wink
Ken Valentine   06-20-2004, 04:20 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Ken is making a joke here, Kenji (and a good one), but I'm not sure an explanation (at least the way I'd put it) wouldn't drain the humor out of it. Anyone want to try to explain to Kenji?

With all those big grins he placed after the question, I sorta think he got it. Big Grin

Ken V.
Ken Valentine   06-20-2004, 04:29 PM
Kenji Asakura Wrote:Hey, I knew it's joke, Mike. Big Grin I've never heard before pasta western.

As cheesy as many of those movies are, calling them macaroni westerns is somehow rather fitting. Big Grin

Ken V.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   06-20-2004, 09:01 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:With all those big grins he placed after the question, I sorta think he got it. Big Grin

Ken V.
I think so too.
nijimeijer   06-21-2004, 01:51 AM
Someone mentioned Fatal Frame earlier in this thread (I think). Not a movie, but a recent terrifying experience. Any other gamers out there thinking of scary games? I know the Resident Evil games are more of a letdown in the scare genre; more like slasher/shock movies than anything else.

I know Eternal Darkness was freaky. And the upcoming Doom III looks very, very intense.

Personally, I still think the Thief games and the System Shock games are the pinnacle of creepiness in games. System Shock 2's zombie/cyborgs were quite unsettling.

Throughout our history there are those ghosts
Compelled to illustrate our dreams and hopes
Victors hang in pictures, losers from ropes.
Regardless they all swing in the same boat.
Pages (16):    1 10 11 12 13 14 16