Pages (16):    1 4 5 6 7 8 16   
Marc   05-27-2004, 05:07 PM
Kenji Asakura Wrote:The Ring...is it Japanese version ? I like Naomi Watts, but Hollywood version was not scary for me. Sad

The Americanized version had some good moments, unfortunately most of those moments were shot-for-shot with the Japanese version. There is also a Korean version of The Ring which is suppose to be even scarier than the Japanese version. I'm trying to track it down.

Have you seen Ju-On: The Grudge 2 yet? I have it on order and am waiting for it to arrive. Thoughts?

Another film that I remember being pretty freaky is Watcher in the Woods though I haven't seen it since I was a kid. Time to Netflix this puppy and check it out again.

And What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? was pretty good too.
This post was last modified: 05-27-2004, 05:13 PM by Marc.
Kenji   05-27-2004, 05:28 PM
Marc B. Wrote:The Americanized version had some good moments, unfortunately most of those moments were shot-for-shot with the Japanese version. There is also a Korean version of The Ring which is suppose to be even scarier than the Japanese version. I'm trying to track it down.

Have you seen Ju-On: The Grudge 2 yet? I have it on order and am waiting for it to arrive. Thoughts?

Another film that I remember being pretty freaky is Watcher in the Woods though I haven't seen it since I was a kid. Time to Netflix this puppy and check it out again.

And What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? was pretty good too.

I've never seen before Wacher in the Woods. Who's performer? and what type movie? Horror? Suspense?

Well, I saw What ever happened to Baby Jane. That was one of most thrilling suspense movies.
Marc   05-27-2004, 06:46 PM
Kenji Asakura Wrote:I've never seen before Wacher in the Woods. Who's performer? and what type movie? Horror? Suspense?

It's an old Disney live action film from the early 80's. I would say it's a mix of horror and suspense. Bette Davis is the only name I remember from it.
jimbow8   05-27-2004, 10:56 PM
After trying unsuccessfully to watch The Amityville Horror when I was a kid (the scene with the ceiling of the church falling and blinding the priest did it for me), I think the first horror movie I got through was Burnt Offering starring Bette Davis. Keep in mind I tried watching these movies by myself with noone else in the house (the best way to watch a horror flick).

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Kenji   05-28-2004, 08:26 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:After trying unsuccessfully to watch The Amityville Horror when I was a kid (the scene with the ceiling of the church falling and blinding the priest did it for me), I think the first horror movie I got through was Burnt Offering starring Bette Davis. Keep in mind I tried watching these movies by myself with noone else in the house (the best way to watch a horror flick).

Ooooh, Amityville Horror!! :eek:

When I first saw that movie on TV. Japanese title is Akuma no sumu ie(The Demon Living in the House). Dear movie.... Wink
Bastard   05-30-2004, 11:04 PM
I'm afraid that my favorite horror movies are RARELY the good ones. When it comes to horror films, I practically live for the camp-factor...

--Jake

:eek: "Who are you mister?"
:mad: "Jacob McCandles."
:eek: "Jacob McCandles?! I thought you was dead."
:mad: "Not hardly! The next man to say that, I'm gonna shoot, so help me." -- from Big Jake
jimbow8   05-31-2004, 12:21 AM
Kenji Asakura Wrote:Does anyone seen Jacob's Ladder? For me, this is most scary movie. It's Chilly! :eek:
I just watched Jacob's Ladder the other night. Good movie. I didn't find it all that scary as much as I did disturbing. I think it had a lot of interesting insight into death and heaven/hell.*

I watched Gothika tonight. This movie had a lot of potential, but I was found the ending severely lacking and cliche. I had most of the mystery figured out halfway through the movie, it was just a matter of waiting til the end to put all the pieces in the right place.

SPOILER ALERT!

*Has anyone seen the DVD extras of Jacob's Ladder? After watching the movie I watched the "deleted scenes." After that I watched the documentary. They kept bring up the "crucial" parts of the movie, and most of them were the deleted scenes. Does anyone besides me find this odd? If they were so critical to understanding the movie, why were they deleted?!?!?

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
SDSwami   05-31-2004, 02:09 AM
Bastard Wrote:I'm afraid that my favorite horror movies are RARELY the good ones. When it comes to horror films, I practically live for the camp-factor...

--Jake

You mean stuff like Sleepaway Camp? Bad movie and an odd/disturbing ending.
Hung By The Neck Til Dead   05-31-2004, 02:13 AM
Well for me it was Nightmare On Elm Street. The concept was a novel explaination of the boogyman. One recent movie that the studios killed that could have been good was They. You need to rent the DVD and watch the alternate ending if you are going to watch this one. The alternate ending is so much scarier/creepier than the released versions.
Sam   05-31-2004, 11:58 AM
I'm surprised that nobody has said "Arachnophobia" yet. Smile It may have been a comedy but definitely had a serious creep factor. The Exorcist is my fav horror movie of all, but a GOOD werewolf movie would bump it from the top in a New York minute.
Just for fun, when I say "Stir of Echoes" what is the first scene that comes to mind??? If it's the one I think of every time it still gives a chill.
Pages (16):    1 4 5 6 7 8 16