Pages (3):    1 2 3   
jimbow8   05-25-2005, 10:34 AM
cyber-jack Wrote:I just purchased a limited of Stephen King's 'Salem's Lot from Centipede Press, which I will read because of the inclusion of previously deleted material, and because it's been awhile since I've read 'Salem's Lot.
Do tell more!! What additional material?

I hope this adding of material doesn't become the norm. I prefer the original version of The Stand over the Uncut Version.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
cyber-jack   05-25-2005, 11:24 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:Do tell more!! What additional material?

I hope this adding of material doesn't become the norm. I prefer the original version of The Stand over the Uncut Version.

The original published version stands untouched within the Centipede edition, but there are 50 pages of scenes that were cut from the original manuscript, as well as the short stories Jerusalem's Lot and One for the Road. With the deleted scenes, the Prequel and the sequel, the publisher is going for a DVD feel to the book I think. This is not a revamp as in the two versions of The Stand, or the updated Dark Tower: The Gunslinger.

The book is very limited, and very pricey, but a trade edition is coming out in the fall I think, around the same time as The Colorado Kid. No publication date yet on Lisey's Story, but that will probably appear in mid 2006, if it appears at all.
stacyzinda123   05-25-2005, 11:26 AM
I have number 7 (to match my AC books) of the Black Wind limited. I reserved mine months ago when FPW first included in the newsletter that Borderlands waqs doing an edition of the book. Black Wind is one of my favorite books ever. I gotta have it. Now, I just have to explain to my husband why I need a $100 edition of a book I already have Rolleyes .
Scott Hajek   05-25-2005, 12:47 PM
stacyzinda123 Wrote:I have number 7 (to match my AC books) of the Black Wind limited. I reserved mine months ago when FPW first included in the newsletter that Borderlands waqs doing an edition of the book. Black Wind is one of my favorite books ever. I gotta have it. Now, I just have to explain to my husband why I need a $100 edition of a book I already have Rolleyes .

If FPW adds a new introduction, or turns this into the "definitive" version like he did with "The Tomb"/"Rakoshi", then it's actually $100 spent on a new book. Otherwise, good luck with the explanation. And, if your husband buys your rationale, let me know... I might try it on my wife.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
stacyzinda123   05-25-2005, 12:48 PM
Scott Hajek Wrote:If FPW adds a new introduction, or turns this into the "definitive" version like he did with "The Tomb"/"Rakoshi", then it's actually $100 spent on a new book. Otherwise, good luck with the explanation. And, if your husband buys your rationale, let me know... I might try it on my wife.
LOL! I'll let you know how it goes Smile .
Biggles   05-25-2005, 02:48 PM
stacyzinda123 Wrote:I have number 7 (to match my AC books) of the Black Wind limited. I reserved mine months ago when FPW first included in the newsletter that Borderlands waqs doing an edition of the book. Black Wind is one of my favorite books ever. I gotta have it. Now, I just have to explain to my husband why I need a $100 edition of a book I already have Rolleyes .

Just tell him you spent it on a night out with the girls at a strip club. Works for us guys every time! Wink

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Biggles   05-25-2005, 02:51 PM
fpw Wrote: A bit pricey I think, but they're going all out -- Japanese silk and other bells and whistles.

Now Paul, your books are never too "pricey"! Besides, I'm ecstatic that I can get a lettered copy now at list price rather than later on the secondary market at an inflated price.

Biggles   05-25-2005, 02:57 PM
Paul R Wrote:Question for the collectors: this might sound daft, but when you buy a super limited edition like the above Black Wind, do you actually read it or does it just sit there looking nice?

I never buy a gun not to shoot or a book not to read, but that being said, if I have a limited edition I will either read it very carefully or read a mass market edition while putting the limited in a safe place. The fact that I don't collect for the purpose of reselling at a profit is a help. The book's value to me is not diminished for having read it (in fact, to the contrary).

sll   05-25-2005, 05:46 PM
Camelot Books has Black Wind and others at a small discount.

http://www.camelotbooks.com/catalog/

I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member.
I drink to make other people interesting.
-Groucho Marx

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than to have a frontal lobotomy.
-Randy Hanzlick
t4terrific   07-17-2005, 03:57 AM
fpw Wrote:Here's the email. Since it's limited to 350 copies, they're giving their regulars first crack. Elizabeth gave me the okay to reprint it here. A bit pricey I think, but they're going all out -- Japanese silk and other bells and whistles.

To Our Customer Mailing List ONLY!

We're happy to announce a very special limited edition of

Black Wind

This book is widely considered to be F. Paul Wilson's finest novel.

Up until now, it was largely unavailable in hardcover because of its initial small print run.

Limited to 350 copies

Numbered
Signed
Slipcased
$100.00 plus s&h

($5 in US contact us for international rates)

Lettered edition

Signed
Tray Cased
Handpainted end sheets
$350 plus $12 UPS insured in Continental US (contact us for international rates)

To reserve your copy e-mail sales@borderlandspress.com (subject line Black Wind)

When will this be available? I checked Borderlands website, but saw no mention of Black Wind.
Pages (3):    1 2 3