Pages (2):    1 2
Scott Miller   05-23-2005, 05:16 PM
The Mad American Wrote:State of Grace is a great movie. Good recommendation. I think Gary Oldham is one of th emore underrated actors of recent times. Has played many diverse roles.

Good to see I'm not the only person to have seen it. It is a pretty tough movie to find, however. I'm a Goldman fan-I think he would be sublime as Molasar in a new, kick-ass version of The Keep.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
The Mad American   05-23-2005, 05:21 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:Good to see I'm not the only person to have seen it. It is a pretty tough movie to find, however. I'm a Goldman fan-I think he would be sublime as Molasar in a new, kick-ass version of The Keep.

I remember seeing an interview with Gary Oldham, can't remember who the interviewer was but they thought Oldham was messing with them by doing a British accent. The interviewer had no idea he was British, thought he was pulling a quick one on him, one of the more funny moments I had seen on TV at the time. And I could dig him as Molasar, most definately.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Scott Miller   05-23-2005, 06:35 PM
We had four different spellings of his last name(Oldman, Oldham, Olman, and Goldman) in this thread, so I went to IMDB to get the definitive answer.

Scott

Kenji   05-24-2005, 09:13 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:I AGREE! Gary Olman deserved an Oscar nomination for that role. The character was SO well portrayed that I utterly loathed him, his acting was perfect.

Yeah! Gary Oldman's acting is always perfect. Especially, his bad cop role in "Leon", that was excellent.
Kenji   05-24-2005, 09:19 AM
Scott Miller Wrote:And if you want to see both at the top of their game, check out State of Grace. It deals with the Irish mob in Hell's Kitchen and the cast is filled out by some relative unknowns at the time (1990) who have since become highly sought after performers. Check out some of the rest of the cast: Ed Harris, John C.Reilly, John Turturro and it was during this film where Sean met Robin Wright.

I saw State of Grace,too. I am Ed Harris fan, so I bought DVD.
Scott Miller   05-24-2005, 10:15 AM
Kenji Wrote:Yeah! Gary Oldman's acting is always perfect. Especially, his bad cop role in "Leon", that was excellent.

Oldman is usually top-notch. He is really good at portraying musicians. His Sid Viscious was awesome, but I think my favorite role of his is as Ludwig Von Beethoven in Immortal Beloved, a little gem of a movie.

Scott

jimbow8   05-24-2005, 10:33 AM
Scott Miller Wrote:Oldman is usually top-notch. He is really good at portraying musicians. His Sid Viscious was awesome, but I think my favorite role of his is as Ludwig Von Beethoven in Immortal Beloved, a little gem of a movie.
I can think of bad movies with Gary Oldman in them, but I can't really think of Gary Oldman being bad in them - sometimes over the top, but portrayed to perfection.

And yes, Immortal Beloved is EXCELLENT!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000198/
This post was last modified: 05-24-2005, 10:35 AM by jimbow8.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Pages (2):    1 2