Noelie   05-13-2004, 02:08 AM
Hi all. I had read a long time ago on the old board that FPW would sign books that you sent to him, provided that you included postage back, etc. I was wondering if this is still the case.

I would have directed this to FPW himself, but I just saw that he was out of town til Monday, and I wanted to post while it was on my mind.

Thanks!
Tyson   05-18-2004, 10:52 PM
Hi Noelie,

I sent him a book in, I guess January, and he signed it and I got it right back.

Hope that helps.
Tyson
Noelie   05-19-2004, 01:26 AM
Thanks, Tyson. Now I have to see where I put that address. Or maybe he'll be kind enough to post it again for me. Big Grin
fpw   05-19-2004, 08:18 AM
Here's the address.

1933 Highway 35
Ste 105 -- #364
Wall, NJ 07719

Just remember, if you send it via media mail, it can take a looooong time in transit.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Biggles   05-19-2004, 11:32 AM
fpw Wrote:Here's the address.

1933 Highway 35
Ste 105 -- #364
Wall, NJ 07719

Just remember, if you send it via media mail, it can take a looooong time in transit.

Paul,

I have thought about having you sign a book for my son (the geneticist in training) for his birthday late next month. Besides Sims, can you think of one of your books that would be especially appropriate? I know Reborn is a possibility down the road, but I want him to read the Adversary Cycle in order.

BTW, I had absent-mindedly acquired two first editions of The Keep, and I gave one to my son, so I'm getting him started on the Adversary Cycle.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
fpw   05-19-2004, 12:34 PM
Biggles Wrote:Paul,

I have thought about having you sign a book for my son (the geneticist in training) for his birthday late next month. Besides Sims, can you think of one of your books that would be especially appropriate?

One of the medical thrillers maybe? The Select?

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
jimbow8   05-19-2004, 12:47 PM
fpw Wrote:One of the medical thrillers maybe? The Select?
Yeah, scare the hell out of the kid, why don't ya?!?!? Seriously, that book (along with Sibs) added a new phobia for me. I love that book!

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Biggles   05-20-2004, 12:03 AM
fpw Wrote:One of the medical thrillers maybe? The Select?

That's an idea. With a biochem major, he's taking a lot of pre-med type courses. Maybe I can get him the trio of The Select, Implant and Deep as the Marrow. But he's actually already doing research in the Genomics Lab at IU, working with DNA, so maybe Masque would be a good fit.

Biggles   05-20-2004, 12:05 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:Yeah, scare the hell out of the kid, why don't ya?!?!? Seriously, that book (along with Sibs) added a new phobia for me. I love that book!

He's nearly 19; and living in today's world, is anything scarier than the news?