Pages (3):    1 2 3   
Ken Valentine   05-14-2005, 04:27 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:I liked The Select and Sibs the best probably. You can't go wrong with anything you choose, though. You'll eventually get around to all of them.

There you go . . . Jim said it!

Regardless of our personal favorites, they're ALL good!

Ken V.
Kenji   05-14-2005, 07:35 AM
DrJonLJ Wrote:I'm curious as to which of Dr. Wilson's books you would reccomend besides those enclosed in the Adversary Cycle and Repairman Jack world. I have heard that Black Wind is good as well as The Select. I'm clueless to his other works. I'm ashamed to admit I don't even know what the "LaNague" (sp?) books are about.....

Just wondering what of FPW's other works you would reccomend checking out..

Thanks,

DrJonLJ

Hi, DrJonLJ

I recommend "Dydeetown World" and "Sibs". Still, I want to see movie version of "Sibs". Ahhhh.......I wish Brian DePalma can make this movie. It'll be great suspense film.

I recommend one more book. Don't forget "Virgin". "Virgin" was very beautiful story and this is one of my favorite FPW's books.

After all, his books are all excellent!
Jay #1   05-15-2005, 12:14 AM
Dydeetown World

DrJonLJ Wrote:I'm curious as to which of Dr. Wilson's books you would reccomend besides those enclosed in the Adversary Cycle and Repairman Jack world. I have heard that Black Wind is good as well as The Select. I'm clueless to his other works. I'm ashamed to admit I don't even know what the "LaNague" (sp?) books are about.....

Thanks,

DrJonLJ
Flinx   05-15-2005, 08:04 AM
Biggles Wrote:I suggest you go to Amazon.com and get a paperback of The LaNague Chronicles. You will thoroughly enjoy it. Also, check out The Fifth Harmonic. It's completely different from any of Paul's other books, but I found it inspiring and uplifting (if I may be redundant).
Like Biggles I recommend The LaNague Chronicles as it contains my favourite novel, Healer.
Lisa   05-15-2005, 01:04 PM
Black Wind (FPW's masterpiece), Deep as the Marrow, The Fifth Harmonic, The Select, and the LaNague books. I'd say those are the best of the rest. I actually prefer the sci-fi to the RJ, although both are excellent of course.

Lisa
Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-15-2005, 09:48 PM

Thanks,

DrJonLJ

If you can scrounge up a copy (and you =can=, at bn.com, not those pirates at amazon!), check out THE CHRISTMAS THINGY. It will make you laugh and cry. (And if you have little ones, they will =love= it...least, my friends' 8 and 5 year-olds did.)
mike36799   05-16-2005, 02:24 AM

Thanks,

DrJonLJ
Select was GREATT!! Midnight Mass was pretty good! Really awsome one I would suggest was Deep as the Marrow. Great story, and very gripping.
Terry Willacker   05-16-2005, 12:48 PM
Black Wind is my favorite FPW book. I also recommend Midnight Mass. Then, read all of the others. They're all great.
hford713   05-17-2005, 08:53 AM
Deep as the Marrow - ought to be a film.

Virgin - thanks to this list, I discovered this book, and now love it. (found it on eBay for $1.25!)

The Select - from what I remember, this one RULES! (and would make an INCREDIBLE film!)

Fifth Harmonic - the descriptions [and resultant feelings] in the sequence atop the temple was really unforgettable.
stacyzinda123   05-17-2005, 09:31 AM
hford713 Wrote:The Select - from what I remember, this one RULES! (and would make an INCREDIBLE film!)
I love the Select! The suspense in that one is unbelievable. It's a really quick read. It's my favorite medical thriller of FPW. My favorite non-RJ books are Black Wind and Sims. Great stuff!
Pages (3):    1 2 3