Pages (3):    1 2 3
sll   05-19-2005, 04:34 AM
If you like the horror, creepy, bizzare (which I've been accused of), I'd like to offer up "Freak Show" Although it's an anthology with several writers, fpw does a great job of tying all the stories together to make it read like a novel.

Quote:Someday I'll look back and say sometime I should've
Scott L. Langpap
APhew   05-19-2005, 01:15 PM
sll Wrote:If you like the horror, creepy, bizzare (which I've been accused of), I'd like to offer up "Freak Show" Although it's an anthology with several writers, fpw does a great job of tying all the stories together to make it read like a novel.

Scott L. Langpap

I wholeheartedly agree. Even though F. Paul whines about (ducks) how difficult it was to bring everything together, it turned out really good. It was awesome to see an Elm Haven story by Dan Simmons in there (explanation: same setting as "Summer of Night" and "A Winter Haunting"). If you get your hands on the hardcover, F. Pauls biography is pretty entertaining.
Myk   05-19-2005, 05:25 PM
Well that is a hard question to answer. Right off the bat I would have to say that my most favorite FPW book is The Select. I liked it so much I bought the audio tape for when I am going to and from work. But there is also The Keep. I also thoroughly enjoyed it that I hunted down the video cassette of it. Well, I can tell you now, the book is in a league all it's own. The movie was not much to speak of.

Deep As The Marrow tops my list too. As does Implant and Mirage. Oh who am I kidding? I really loved them all. There were a few that took me awhile to get into though. But I think I have almost every title that The Man has written. You could say I'm an avid fan.

Whatever you choose to read, I'm sure you'll just eat it up. When you get done with it come back here and let us know what you think of it.

Myk

Myk a.k.a. thewerd
Pages (3):    1 2 3