Pages (3): 1 2 3   
DrJonLJ   05-13-2005, 10:56 PM
I'm curious as to which of Dr. Wilson's books you would reccomend besides those enclosed in the Adversary Cycle and Repairman Jack world. I have heard that Black Wind is good as well as The Select. I'm clueless to his other works. I'm ashamed to admit I don't even know what the "LaNague" (sp?) books are about.....

Just wondering what of FPW's other works you would reccomend checking out..

Thanks,

DrJonLJ
Biggles   05-13-2005, 11:04 PM
DrJonLJ Wrote:I'm curious as to which of Dr. Wilson's books you would reccomend besides those enclosed in the Adversary Cycle and Repairman Jack world. I have heard that Black Wind is good as well as The Select. I'm clueless to his other works. I'm ashamed to admit I don't even know what the "LaNague" (sp?) books are about.....

Just wondering what of FPW's other works you would reccomend checking out..

Thanks,

DrJonLJ

I suggest you go to Amazon.com and get a paperback of The LaNague Chronicles. You will thoroughly enjoy it. Also, check out The Fifth Harmonic. It's completely different from any of Paul's other books, but I found it inspiring and uplifting (if I may be redundant).

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Maggers   05-13-2005, 11:20 PM
"Deep As The Marrow" is my favorite non-RJ, non-AC FPW book. It is a stunning, keep-you-on-the-edge-of-your-seat, run away thriller with a marvelous heroine. Poppy. My kinda gal. Also, according to The Man, himself, Poppy is one of his all time favorite heroines, too.

You've got to read this book. Magnificent!

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Keith the Elder   05-13-2005, 11:23 PM
Deep as the Marrow

One of the most unforgettable characters, EVER, in there

k the e

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
Paige   05-13-2005, 11:23 PM
Personaly, i liked the Masque. And of course, Sims.

"Life — and I don't suppose I'm the first to make this comparison — is a disease: sexually transmitted, and invariably fatal."
Death Talks About Life Neil Gaiman
KRW   05-13-2005, 11:30 PM
I'll say"Sims" and "Nightkill" (Angel is sooo cute!) And Jake, well.....he's naught for the faint of heart. Wink

KRW
jimbow8   05-13-2005, 11:37 PM
I liked The Select and Sibs the best probably. You can't go wrong with anything you choose, though. You'll eventually get around to all of them.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Keith the Elder   05-13-2005, 11:42 PM
KRW Wrote:I'll say"Sims" and "Nightkill" (Angel is sooo cute!) And Jake, well.....he's naught for the faint of heart. Wink

KRW

I got that!

(sometimes you just have to know somebody did)

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
Medusa   05-14-2005, 01:27 AM
I liked Deep as the Marrow and just loved Sims!
Scott Miller   05-14-2005, 02:35 AM
Black Wind is my favorite book of all time, so you heard right. Sims, Sibs, The Fifth Harmonic, and Deep as the Marrow from the ones previously mentioned are exceptionally outstanding. I'll toss in Midnight Mass for straight horror, Implant for medical chills, and Dydeetown World for sci-fi. And let's not forget The Tery or Virgin either. And if you've got kids they need to be read The Christmas Thingy.

The LaNague Chronicles are three sci-fi novels: Healer, Wheels Within Wheels andAn Enemy of the State, all set in the same universe. Healer and AEOTS are being reissued this summer(the thread on that is right below this one and all three can be found collected in a book titled The LaNague Chronicles.

And that leaves his wicked cool short stories, no life can be considered complete without reading them.
This post was last modified: 05-14-2005, 02:37 AM by Scott Miller.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Pages (3): 1 2 3