Pages (7):    1 2 3 4 5 7   
Tim Hatch   05-18-2004, 08:36 PM
Biggles Wrote:BTW, Big Grin to stir up a hornets' nest: Do mustard gas (found a couple weeks ago) and Sarin (found in the last couple days) count as Weapons of Mass Destruction?

Now they say it may not be Sarin. Check out this link:

http://www.wtkr.com/Global/story.asp?S=1...v=0oa8AfMQ
Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-22-2004, 08:10 PM
Poison gasses are most certainly WMD. Is there real debate about that?
Biggles   05-23-2004, 12:43 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Poison gasses are most certainly WMD. Is there real debate about that?

No question in my mind. Also, crucifixes, Holy Water, and transubstantiated bread and wine would definitely qualify as weapons of mass destruction. See, Midnight Mass. :p
This post was last modified: 05-23-2004, 12:46 AM by Biggles.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Kenji   05-23-2004, 01:27 AM
This is Japanes edition cover.
jimbow8   05-23-2004, 01:56 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Poison gasses are most certainly WMD. Is there real debate about that?
I would say there is debate about it. You did ask the question, after all. It depends on how much of it they find. If they only find traces of it in a few shells, do you really consider that WMD? I think more info is required.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-24-2004, 12:45 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:I would say there is debate about it. You did ask the question, after all. It depends on how much of it they find. If they only find traces of it in a few shells, do you really consider that WMD? I think more info is required.

I meant poison gasses as a =class= of weapon, Jimbow. Not particular to the Western Front 1917 nor Iraq 2004.
This post was last modified: 05-24-2004, 02:42 AM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-24-2004, 12:47 AM
Biggles Wrote:No question in my mind. Also, crucifixes, Holy Water, and transubstantiated bread and wine would definitely qualify as weapons of mass destruction. See, Midnight Mass. :p

Your drollery continues, Biggles. Good job!
Ken Valentine   05-24-2004, 03:54 AM

As I see it, WMD™ is a newly invented term, and the definition has yet to be solidified. So far, it means anything the politicians want it to mean -- kinda like "Wet Lands."

Ken V.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-24-2004, 04:14 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:As I see it, WMD™ is a newly invented term, and the definition has yet to be solidified. So far, it means anything the politicians want it to mean -- kinda like "Wet Lands."

Ken V.

I see your point, Ken, but still it seems a useful term--nuclear weapons, chemical weapons, biological weapons...indiscriminant. (And yeah, I know area bombing is too. Maybe the difference is there's no real defense against so-called WMD.)
Ken Valentine   05-24-2004, 05:02 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:I see your point, Ken, but still it seems a useful term--nuclear weapons, chemical weapons, biological weapons...indiscriminant. (And yeah, I know area bombing is too. Maybe the difference is there's no real defense against so-called WMD.)

The way I read it, "Weapons of Mass Destruction," is something that other countries have. American politicians don't refer to this countries stocks of Nuclear, Chemical, and Biological weapons as WMD's. Why is that?

Ken V.
Pages (7):    1 2 3 4 5 7