Pages (3):    1 2 3
fpw   04-26-2005, 07:35 PM
Scott Hajek Wrote:I'm still looking for the examples of RPG characters and how the derivative work portion of the law applies to them.

I'm sure he has no idea, and I'm flatterred in a way, but with Kojima-san interested in make an RJ rpg, it could be very important to squelch this.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Scott Hajek   04-26-2005, 11:12 PM
fpw Wrote:I'm sure he has no idea, and I'm flatterred in a way, but with Kojima-san interested in make an RJ rpg, it could be very important to squelch this.

I forgot about the RJ game. At least how it may play into the RPG genre. A statistic based character is key. I agree with making sure this doesn't get too far.

Regarding the characters from previous games, the D&D guide "Deities and Demigods" included some from the Cthulhu Mythos and Elric, I think. The second edition deleted these. Dragon Magazine had Official characters based on the Steven Brust "Vlad Taltos" series in one issue. I'm sure there are others that have been published and officially endorsed. There are bound to be many, many others in the fan-fic style.

Maybe this fan that posted "RJ" should be pointed to this board. His character did seem pretty good.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Sev   12-21-2010, 04:04 AM
Howdy!
Just resurrecting a REAL old thread.

I just checked and the fellow still has the RJ stats on his site.
http://blewer-d.tripod.com/buffjack.htm

Did he get permission?

BTW, a very quick analysis makes me think his version of RJ is a little under-powered.
Besides, I think Jack would work best in a system like the old West-End Games D6 system.

'later,

Sev
This post was last modified: 12-21-2010, 04:05 AM by Sev.
longbowhunter   12-22-2010, 08:16 PM
huh....I dont know what to think about this. I guess if its just something he threw together for a game for himself and his friends,theres no harm done is there? And I know that fan-fiction can be annoying,but is it really damaging as long as it doesnt do anything to impair or destroy the original intellectual property? And it doesnt appear that he's trying to make a profit off of it in any way. I could see where this is a slippery slope though....its a fine line between "homage" and "ripoff".

Hiyo Goddamn Silver!!!!
Pages (3):    1 2 3