Dave   04-20-2005, 09:25 AM
http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/news/...s_id=16719

This could light a fire under Beacon's ass, or kill the RJ movie completely.

Taking bets now.

Dave
jimbow8   04-20-2005, 09:48 AM
I'm a big fan of The Wicker Man.

Equalizer was pretty good to from the little that I watched of it.
This post was last modified: 04-20-2005, 10:14 AM by jimbow8.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Lisa   04-20-2005, 11:24 AM
I vote the latter. Rolleyes

Lisa
thisisatest   04-20-2005, 04:26 PM
Dave Wrote:http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/news/...s_id=16719

This could light a fire under Beacon's ass, or kill the RJ movie completely.

Taking bets now.

Dave

Steve D
I can imagine the boardroom meeting at Beacon:

"Well, this Repairman Jack movie's costing us a pretty penny, it's risky, and attendence is down at the theaters."

"CJ, I've got a great idea! How about we resurrect The Equalizer, which is in essence a Repairman Jack type character, and make a movie about him. It will be cheaper and all we'd have to do is re-touch the RJ script."

"Great idea. Put RJ on the back burner and let's get started on The Equalizer script, asap!"

Scary thing is that I'm probably not far from the truth. Sad

"He knows more than you've ever forgotten...in your little finger." Laurel's Sister defending Stan to Oliver.
Jay #1   04-20-2005, 05:10 PM
I fell asleep 15 minutes into the third episode of equalizer. after that I decided that it wasn't worth my time so I started reading books instead. So I very seriously doubt that Equalizer the movie will be worth it either. Repairman Jack on the other hand, wakes me up when I'm feeling sleepy. So I have the feeling it might be worth two or three visits to the theater when it comes out.

thisisatest Wrote:Steve D

"Well, this Repairman Jack movie's costing us a pretty penny, it's risky, and attendence is down at the theaters."

"CJ, I've got a great idea! How about we resurrect The Equalizer, which is in essence a Repairman Jack type character, and make a movie about him. It will be cheaper and all we'd have to do is re-touch the RJ script."

"Great idea. Put RJ on the back burner and let's get started on The Equalizer script, asap!"

Peter   04-20-2005, 06:07 PM
No, I never did like the Equaliser. Oh, Edward Woodward is fine. He was great in Callan (very old UK TV series) and excellent in The Wicker Man but I just found the Equaliser too goody two shoes by half. The trouble I can see is that it could make the RJ film look like a "cash-in" when there are actually very few similarities. RJ is MUCH darker and has the supernatural aspects, and I dont think the Equaliser ever lost control. In fact he looked a bit wooden to me.

Mind you, by the look of things Beacon really should have a head start on this anyway. If they haven't then why not?
fpw   04-21-2005, 07:59 AM
Let's not get our knickers in too much of a twist. The film is in development -- and we all know what that means.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Biggles   04-21-2005, 02:08 PM
fpw Wrote:Let's not get our knickers in too much of a twist. The film is in development -- and we all know what that means.

Mmmm. Is that like the fact that I'm still growing up? :confused:

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Jay #1   04-22-2005, 12:04 AM
*blinks* It's definitely 11 pm, when your mind comes up with the image of a director in a high chair waving a rattle around while wailing about people not paying enough attention to him.

Biggles Wrote:Mmmm. Is that like the fact that I'm still growing up? :confused:
Annice Burdeos   04-28-2005, 08:36 PM
thisisatest Wrote:Steve D

That's somewhat what happened with Will Smith's I, Robot. The studio had a script that they didn't know exactly how to market. Nearly simultaneously FOX had I,Robot in development. The three laws of Robotics were grafted onto the other script and a Will Smith sci-fi action yawner was born.

I undertand FOX received permission from Asimov's daughter/estate to do this.

Studios say they want interesting/ challenging fare but the truth of the matter is they want it as bland and predictable as possible. Just take a look at this year's film product and you will have a very clear idea as to how Jack will be marketed.

I had to laugh when I learned that Jack is an Indiana Jones type figure out to save the world......

(There 'll never be another Indiana Jones flick -Connery and Ford are much older now. Wait .That's not a problem. Just get two really young actors say Ryan Reynolds and Jack Black and Indiana Jones makes his return...or Bond as a Super Hero kind of guy. I've got it - Brandon Routh. Nah he is already Superman ....