Pages (4): 1 2 3 4   
Kenji   04-02-2005, 10:14 PM
Has somebody ever seen The Outer Limits?

A few days ago I bought DVD box-set. It's very classical TV series. SFX, makeup, studio set were very cheap, but I liked it. Especially, actors are great. Martin Sheen, Matin Landau(Ed Wood), Robert Culp(The Greatest American Hero), Donald Pleasence(Helloween), Edward Mulhare(Knight Rider), Bruce Dern(Silent Running)....

All stories are science fiction(Alien's invasion, Mutants, Wars, Virus, Time travel, another dimension...). It's similar to The Twilight Zone, but The Outer Limits has sometimes preachy.

This drama is about 40 years ago, but this is not old to me. I've never seen it before, so this is new to me.
Maggers   04-02-2005, 11:05 PM
Kenji Wrote:Has somebody ever seen The Outer Limits?

A few days ago I bought DVD box-set. It's very classical TV series. SFX, makeup, studio set were very cheap, but I liked it. Especially, actors are great. Martin Sheen, Matin Landau(Ed Wood), Robert Culp(The Greatest American Hero), Donald Pleasence(Helloween), Edward Mulhare(Knight Rider), Bruce Dern(Silent Running)....

All stories are science fiction(Alien's invasion, Mutants, Wars, Virus, Time travel, another dimension...). It's similar to The Twilight Zone, but The Outer Limits has sometimes preachy.

This drama is about 40 years ago, but this is not old to me. I've never seen it before, so this is new to me.

Sure Kenji, "The Outer Limits" was a popular TV show from the '60's, sort of like "The Twilight Zone." It was neat. Glad you like it, too.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

jimbow8   04-03-2005, 05:23 AM
Kenji Wrote:Has somebody ever seen The Outer Limits?

So what did you think of the pilot episode?

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Kenji   04-03-2005, 09:51 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:So what did you think of the pilot episode?

The pilot episode title is "The Galaxy Being". The theme is Alien's visit to Earth. Alien's visit was coincidence, not invasion. Nevertheless, people frightened and screamed. One scientist tried to save the Alien.....

Even now, story is a little absurd and out of date, but I liked it.
Keith the Elder   04-04-2005, 09:25 AM
That was a great show. The modern version is often too preachy.

Memorable performances and episodes:

The Man Who Was Never Born - Martin Landau

The Expanding Man - Skip Homier

The Duplicate Man - whoever played the lead and the Megasoid were teriffic

The Architects of Fear - Robert Culp

Nightmare

And how about those Zanti Misfits?

Keith the elder
jimbow8   04-04-2005, 09:33 AM
Kenji Wrote:The pilot episode title is "The Galaxy Being". The theme is Alien's visit to Earth. Alien's visit was coincidence, not invasion. Nevertheless, people frightened and screamed. One scientist tried to save the Alien.....

Even now, story is a little absurd and out of date, but I liked it.
Oops, Sorry. I was thinking of Night Gallery.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Keith the Elder   04-04-2005, 09:43 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:Oops, Sorry. I was thinking of Night Gallery.

Great, that Ossie Davis/Roddy McDowell piece!
Kenji   04-04-2005, 10:49 AM
Keith the Elder Wrote:That was a great show. The modern version is often too preachy.

Nightmare

Keith the elder

Just now, I watched Nightmare. Main actor is Martin Sheen. Story about Alien vs Human. Human always go to wrong way.......
Keith the Elder   04-04-2005, 11:41 AM
Kenji Wrote:Just now, I watched Nightmare. Main actor is Martin Sheen. Story about Alien vs Human. Human always go to wrong way.......

That episode was fantastic, the mimimalist set, the photography and, man those
Ebonites scared the ---T out of my 10 year old self when I first saw it.

Did you ever see that Twilight Zone with William Shatner and the guy on the airplane wing. I think it was called "Terror at 20,000 Feet" Whoa!!!
Maggers   04-04-2005, 12:03 PM
Keith the Elder Wrote:That episode was fantastic, the mimimalist set, the photography and, man those
Ebonites scared the ---T out of my 10 year old self when I first saw it.

Did you ever see that Twilight Zone with William Shatner and the guy on the airplane wing. I think it was called "Terror at 20,000 Feet" Whoa!!!

Yes! Fabulous stuff when you're 10 or 12 and even now!

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Pages (4): 1 2 3 4