Pages (2): 1 2   
shoggoth666   04-01-2005, 02:53 PM
Just picked up this dvd off the bay,can't wait to see it again.For those of you unfamiliar with the movie its based on an old Richard Matheson book I AM LEGEND.The central character is a scientist who is the last man alive,or so he thinks.Check it out some time.Fans of Wilsons fiction should enjoy it.

"you buncha freaks i hope ya have fun"
stacyzinda123   04-01-2005, 03:58 PM
shoggoth666 Wrote:Just picked up this dvd off the bay,can't wait to see it again.For those of you unfamiliar with the movie its based on an old Richard Matheson book I AM LEGEND.The central character is a scientist who is the last man alive,or so he thinks.Check it out some time.Fans of Wilsons fiction should enjoy it.

I've heard great things about the book I Am Legend and after searching for it at used bookstores, I finally gave up and ordered it from Amazon.com. It will hopefully be waiting for me when I get home this afternoon. I'll have to check out the movie after I finish the book.
The Mad American   04-01-2005, 04:02 PM
shoggoth666 Wrote:Just picked up this dvd off the bay,can't wait to see it again.For those of you unfamiliar with the movie its based on an old Richard Matheson book I AM LEGEND.The central character is a scientist who is the last man alive,or so he thinks.Check it out some time.Fans of Wilsons fiction should enjoy it.

Been hearing rumors that they are remaking Omega man with Will Smith in the lead. Doesn't excite me too much. I really like Omega Man but I think I am more partial the Last Man On Earth with Vincent Price in the lead. (this was an earlier movie version of I AM LEGEND) Maybe it was just Vincent Price but I think the LMOE stuck more to the book then Omega Man did.
Gerald Rice   04-01-2005, 04:20 PM
The Mad American Wrote:Been hearing rumors that they are remaking Omega man with Will Smith in the lead. Doesn't excite me too much. I really like Omega Man but I think I am more partial the Last Man On Earth with Vincent Price in the lead. (this was an earlier movie version of I AM LEGEND) Maybe it was just Vincent Price but I think the LMOE stuck more to the book then Omega Man did.

I heard that same rumor. The screenplay was written by the guy who wrote The Cell. Apparently, he had it ready to go, but for some reason it was scrapped.
shoggoth666   04-01-2005, 05:30 PM
The Mad American Wrote:Been hearing rumors that they are remaking Omega man with Will Smith in the lead. Doesn't excite me too much. I really like Omega Man but I think I am more partial the Last Man On Earth with Vincent Price in the lead. (this was an earlier movie version of I AM LEGEND) Maybe it was just Vincent Price but I think the LMOE stuck more to the book then Omega Man did.
i agree with you in regard to LMOE it definitely stuck more to the book.

jimbow8   04-01-2005, 05:33 PM
Last Man on Earth DID stick more to the book, but I found it kinda bland. I have the DVD if anyone can't find it.

Omega man was a better movie than LMOE, but not as true to the book. It is very 70's-ish, though, so beware.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
shoggoth666   04-01-2005, 05:33 PM
stacyzinda123 Wrote:I've heard great things about the book I Am Legend and after searching for it at used bookstores, I finally gave up and ordered it from Amazon.com. It will hopefully be waiting for me when I get home this afternoon. I'll have to check out the movie after I finish the book.
The book is great.Stir of echoes is another excellent matheson movie,creepy and unsettling.

shoggoth666   04-01-2005, 05:34 PM
Surprisingly i enjoyed Smith in Assimovs I Robot.

shoggoth666   04-01-2005, 05:38 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Last Man on Earth DID stick more to the book, but I found it kinda bland. I have the DVD if anyone can't find it.

Omega man was a better movie than LMOE, but not as true to the book. It is very 70's-ish, though, so beware.
Yeah its definitely got the 70's vibe.I first saw it when I was a kid back then,just turned 37 today.Bit of trivia,Rob Zombie mixed some sound bytes into his song creature of the wheel from the movie,and he's got another song titled I Am Legend from the story.

Maggers   04-01-2005, 07:15 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:.... It is very 70's-ish, though, so beware...

Jim, are you besmerching the entire decade's worth of films! Why, I lived through the 70's and loved them and the movies of the 70's, though I can't remember much of either (the decade or the movies) but that's what the 70's were....a blur. Big Grin

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Pages (2): 1 2