RepairmanJack.com Forums
Omega Man - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Omega Man (/thread-854.html)

Pages: 1 2

Omega Man - shoggoth666 - 04-01-2005

Just picked up this dvd off the bay,can't wait to see it again.For those of you unfamiliar with the movie its based on an old Richard Matheson book I AM LEGEND.The central character is a scientist who is the last man alive,or so he thinks.Check it out some time.Fans of Wilsons fiction should enjoy it.

Omega Man - stacyzinda123 - 04-01-2005

shoggoth666 Wrote:Just picked up this dvd off the bay,can't wait to see it again.For those of you unfamiliar with the movie its based on an old Richard Matheson book I AM LEGEND.The central character is a scientist who is the last man alive,or so he thinks.Check it out some time.Fans of Wilsons fiction should enjoy it.

I've heard great things about the book I Am Legend and after searching for it at used bookstores, I finally gave up and ordered it from Amazon.com. It will hopefully be waiting for me when I get home this afternoon. I'll have to check out the movie after I finish the book.

Omega Man - The Mad American - 04-01-2005

shoggoth666 Wrote:Just picked up this dvd off the bay,can't wait to see it again.For those of you unfamiliar with the movie its based on an old Richard Matheson book I AM LEGEND.The central character is a scientist who is the last man alive,or so he thinks.Check it out some time.Fans of Wilsons fiction should enjoy it.

Been hearing rumors that they are remaking Omega man with Will Smith in the lead. Doesn't excite me too much. I really like Omega Man but I think I am more partial the Last Man On Earth with Vincent Price in the lead. (this was an earlier movie version of I AM LEGEND) Maybe it was just Vincent Price but I think the LMOE stuck more to the book then Omega Man did.

Omega Man - Gerald Rice - 04-01-2005

The Mad American Wrote:Been hearing rumors that they are remaking Omega man with Will Smith in the lead. Doesn't excite me too much. I really like Omega Man but I think I am more partial the Last Man On Earth with Vincent Price in the lead. (this was an earlier movie version of I AM LEGEND) Maybe it was just Vincent Price but I think the LMOE stuck more to the book then Omega Man did.

I heard that same rumor. The screenplay was written by the guy who wrote The Cell. Apparently, he had it ready to go, but for some reason it was scrapped.

The Mad American Wrote:Been hearing rumors that they are remaking Omega man with Will Smith in the lead. Doesn't excite me too much. I really like Omega Man but I think I am more partial the Last Man On Earth with Vincent Price in the lead. (this was an earlier movie version of I AM LEGEND) Maybe it was just Vincent Price but I think the LMOE stuck more to the book then Omega Man did.
i agree with you in regard to LMOE it definitely stuck more to the book.

Omega Man - jimbow8 - 04-01-2005

Last Man on Earth DID stick more to the book, but I found it kinda bland. I have the DVD if anyone can't find it.

Omega man was a better movie than LMOE, but not as true to the book. It is very 70's-ish, though, so beware.

stacyzinda123 Wrote:I've heard great things about the book I Am Legend and after searching for it at used bookstores, I finally gave up and ordered it from Amazon.com. It will hopefully be waiting for me when I get home this afternoon. I'll have to check out the movie after I finish the book.
The book is great.Stir of echoes is another excellent matheson movie,creepy and unsettling.

Surprisingly i enjoyed Smith in Assimovs I Robot.

jimbow8 Wrote:Last Man on Earth DID stick more to the book, but I found it kinda bland. I have the DVD if anyone can't find it.

Omega man was a better movie than LMOE, but not as true to the book. It is very 70's-ish, though, so beware.
Yeah its definitely got the 70's vibe.I first saw it when I was a kid back then,just turned 37 today.Bit of trivia,Rob Zombie mixed some sound bytes into his song creature of the wheel from the movie,and he's got another song titled I Am Legend from the story.

Omega Man - Maggers - 04-01-2005

jimbow8 Wrote:.... It is very 70's-ish, though, so beware...

Jim, are you besmerching the entire decade's worth of films! Why, I lived through the 70's and loved them and the movies of the 70's, though I can't remember much of either (the decade or the movies) but that's what the 70's were....a blur. Big Grin