Pages (2):    1 2
Mailedbypostman   12-05-2004, 11:04 PM
Quote:My mistake, Kenji, I meant to say that I bought the movie, on DVD. I think I'm gonna watch it tonight, after I finish "Alien" for the millionth time. (Everyone in "Alien" looks so YOUNG! It was made 25 years ago!!)
Very coincidental. I watched it just last night on Bravo.

Contradictions Detected
It does not matter if our answers disagree, as over time the game will change its answers to reflect common knowledge. If you feel that the game is in error, the only way to fix it is to play again.
Maggers   12-05-2004, 11:54 PM
Mailedbypostman Wrote:Very coincidental. I watched it just last night on Bravo.

Moi, aussi! LOL! I was watching Bravo, too! I can't help it. If I see Ripley anywhere, I just have to drop what I'm doing and watch, or at least have it on in the background. I'm addicted to the Aliens, especially the first two.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Kenji   12-06-2004, 08:26 AM
So far, everybody loves this movie. I'm glad to know that. Smile

Everybody, come to Japan! Do enjoy Japan tour. If you come to Tokyo, I will gladly do tour guide for you. Wink

But, before you come to Tokyo, you must learn a little Japanese. Almost Japanese people can't speak English. :o
cyber-jack   12-07-2004, 03:30 PM
I hate to be the voice of contradiction here, but I did not necessarily like this movie at all. I didn't think it was bad, but it certainly wasn't great. I tried to like it, I really did, but it just didn't work for me. I think the film was trying to be too many things maybe...it tried to be a comedy, but didn't quite make it. It tried to be dramatic, but didn't quite make it. It tried to have a plot, but didn't quite make it. It even tried to be boring, but didn't quite make it there either. So it was just interesting enough to be worth the $2 I shelled out to rent it, but not interesting enough to hit the pause button for a trip to the fridge.
The Mad American   12-08-2004, 12:31 PM
Kenji Wrote:So far, everybody loves this movie. I'm glad to know that. Smile

Everybody, come to Japan! Do enjoy Japan tour. If you come to Tokyo, I will gladly do tour guide for you. Wink

But, before you come to Tokyo, you must learn a little Japanese. Almost Japanese people can't speak English. :o

My wife and I loved this movie. Because having lived in Japan there were moments in it that were like flashbacks. Cracked us up good. Very good potrayal of a Gaijin in Japan.

Sugoi!!!
Maggers   12-25-2004, 05:19 PM
OK, I saw this movie AGAIN, and it just keeps getting better. Like the proverbial onion skin, there are layers to this lovely little gem, and it's a joy to keep peeling and peeking.

I want to know what Bob whispers in Charlotte's ear as they say their poignant goodbyes.

Just a great movie.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Pages (2):    1 2