Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6   
Brian Taylor   11-13-2004, 03:18 PM
KRW Wrote:He [Rasalom] was also considered the father of the Rakosh, if I remember correctally.

KRW

No, that was Kusum... although Rasalom definitely had his hand in that affair.
KRW   11-13-2004, 04:07 PM
Brian Taylor Wrote:No, that was Kusum... although Rasalom definitely had his hand in that affair.

Kusum only repopulated them with the mother Rakosh. The rakoshi go way back before Kusum was ever born. Rasalom was not only there for their conception, the Otherness used a peice of his flesh for their genesis. Conspiracies.

KRW
Bawp   11-15-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Brian Taylor:
Quote:You have not the slightest inkling of just how evil Rasalom is until you've read Reprisal. Don't even think about writing his entry until you've read that book.

I tried to get a copy on e-bay, but my net connection died the say the sale ended and I lost out. What made it even more annoying is it went for the measly sum of £1.99! That'll teach me to wait til the last day of the auction to bid. Rolleyes

I've got my eye on those nice new editions by borderlandspress...but at $60.00 each they might be a little out of my price range. I can get the Tomb and the Keep from Amazon but not Reprisal. So I guess I'll put Molasar's entry on hold for now...

Originally posted by Biggles:
Quote: Count Orlock in Murnau's Nosferatu is classic (played by the incomparable Max Schreck)
The Abominable Dr. Phibes, played by Vincent Price
Prof. Moriarty in the Sherlock Holmes books
Dr. Fu Manchu

I had professor Moriarty in mind, but none of the others. Cheers, I'll look them up and see what I can do!

Additionally thanks for the info on the Stand mini-series I'll be sure to check it out. Do people recommend seeing the series or reading the book first?

'I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.'
the Oracle   11-15-2004, 04:50 PM
Bawp Wrote:Originally posted by Brian Taylor:

I tried to get a copy on e-bay, but my net connection died the say the sale ended and I lost out. What made it even more annoying is it went for the measly sum of £1.99! That'll teach me to wait til the last day of the auction to bid. Rolleyes

I've got my eye on those nice new editions by borderlandspress...but at $60.00 each they might be a little out of my price range. I can get the Tomb and the Keep very ebay but not Reprisal. So I guess I'll put Molasar's entry on hold for now...

I had professor Moriarty in mind, but none of the others. Cheers, I'll look them up and see what I can do!

Additionally thanks for the info on the Stand mini-series I'll be sure to check it out. Do people recommend seeing the series or reading the book first?

The book is incredible! Read it first... The main reason being, you may find it hard to trudge through the 1000 pages if you already know the outcome of the story...

Did I mention: READ THE BOOK!

(;

Author of "Survivor" - http://www.vaughnripley.com

"Adventure is worthwile in itself."
—Amelia Earhart
Ken Valentine   11-15-2004, 05:36 PM
I just looked up REPRISAL on abebooks.com.

I'm finding a number of copies available used in the UK.

There's one available in paperback from Junobooks, Stourbridge, West Midlands for $15.30 US dollars.

Another one in London, another in Cardiff, Wales.

abebooks.com

Ken V.
nonsun blob a   11-15-2004, 11:50 PM
Brian Taylor Wrote:No, that was Kusum... although Rasalom definitely had his hand in that affair.

No. Kusum was the father of the new generation of rakoshi. I'm under the impression that Rasalom was the "father" of the originals.

[Image: bloodmachine2cc.gif]
Dave   11-16-2004, 07:56 AM
Bawp Wrote:Originally posted by Brian Taylor:

I've got my eye on those nice new editions by borderlandspress...but at $60.00 each they might be a little out of my price range. I can get the Tomb and the Keep from Amazon but not Reprisal. So I guess I'll put Molasar's entry on hold for now...

Send me a message with your address and I'll post a copy of Reborn and Reprisal to you. It is criminal you haven't read them yet, and I must correct this injustice before the police get you. Big Grin

Dave
Maggers   11-16-2004, 04:00 PM
Bawp Wrote:I tried to get a copy on e-bay, but my net connection died the say the sale ended and I lost out. What made it even more annoying is it went for the measly sum of £1.99! That'll teach me to wait til the last day of the auction to bid. Rolleyes

I don't know how Amazon works in the UK, but I just ordered second hand hardcovers of Reprisal, Reborn, The Keep, Legacies and a couple of others. They should be arriving soon. It seems to me that Amazon only recently got into FPW in used hardcovers. I've been looking for quite a while but only could find paperbacks (all on amazon.com; I know there are other places, but I like amazon.) Then, suddenly, a couple of weeks ago there were a plethora of hardcovers available for a reasonable price. I guess it's just a matter of timing.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Bawp   11-16-2004, 09:31 PM
Quote:Send me a message with your address and I'll post a copy of Reborn and Reprisal to you. It is criminal you haven't read them yet, and I must correct this injustice before the police get you.

Dave

Really, that'd be too kind - I couldn't ask you to do that, thanks though Wink Thanks to everyone else for suggesting various other sites at which I can get a hold of Reprisal - I've fallen in love with those Borderlands editions though. So I'm going to try and get a hold of an older edition to read in the meantime and save up my student loan cheques for those nice new shiny editions. Thanks guys really...can't believe I managed to miss the one book in which Molasar is more evil than the rest!

'I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.'
Dave   11-17-2004, 08:01 AM
Bawp Wrote:Really, that'd be too kind - I couldn't ask you to do that, thanks though Wink Thanks to everyone else for suggesting various other sites at which I can get a hold of Reprisal - I've fallen in love with those Borderlands editions though. So I'm going to try and get a hold of an older edition to read in the meantime and save up my student loan cheques for those nice new shiny editions. Thanks guys really...can't believe I managed to miss the one book in which Molasar is more evil than the rest!

Won't be a problem, I've several copies and can happily let go of the old paperbacks.

Just let me know where to send them.

Dave
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6