APhew   11-04-2004, 12:04 PM
A friend of mine just pointed me to this article:

http://www.filmthreat.com/Features.asp?Id=1247

I thought it was pretty funny. It's especially relevant now that the DVD and CD Commentary are coming out. Someone should write the author of this article to let him know about the CD Commentary (I would, but I can't from the office).
fpw   11-04-2004, 12:31 PM
Alas, it appears the DVD is gonna be delayed, so the commentary will have to be put on hold.

(from LA)

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
jimbow8   11-04-2004, 01:34 PM
fpw Wrote:Alas, it appears the DVD is gonna be delayed, so the commentary will have to be put on hold.

(from LA)
I was told personally by Jeffrey Westhoff, the film critic for the Northwest Herald, that there will be a dissenting commentary track on an upcoming release of the Matrix (including sequels ?). You may still be the first to have a CD commentary accompaniment, but you may be in a race for dissenting commentary track.

Jim

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Ken Valentine   11-05-2004, 12:19 AM
APhew Wrote:A friend of mine just pointed me to this article:

I thought it was pretty funny. It's especially relevant now that the DVD and CD Commentary are coming out. Someone should write the author of this article to let him know about the CD Commentary (I would, but I can't from the office).

I just logged onto the site and put my couple of zinkies worth in. Naturally mentioning FPW's commentary.

Ken V.
Maggers   12-14-2004, 11:45 PM
APhew Wrote:A friend of mine just pointed me to this article:

I'm one of those idiots who went out and rented "The Keep" after reading so much about it on this board. I did see it when it first came out, but I was young and stupid and incredibly stoned at the time (thankfully I am none of those things anymore - *grin*).

I couldn't agree more with the author's assessment of "The Keep."

What was Mann thinking???? :confused:

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Ken Valentine   12-15-2004, 12:08 AM
Maggers Wrote:I'm one of those idiots who went out and rented "The Keep" after reading so much about it on this board. I did see it when it first came out, but I was young and stupid and incredibly stoned at the time (thankfully I am none of those things anymore - *grin*).

I couldn't agree more with the author's assessment of "The Keep."

What was Mann thinking???? :confused:

He probably wasn't thinking.

But he DID make Last Of The Mohicans -- so I forgive him. Big Grin

Ken V.
Maggers   12-15-2004, 12:12 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:He probably wasn't thinking.

But he DID make Last Of The Mohicans -- so I forgive him. Big Grin

Ken V.

Be still my heart....*sigh*...."The Last of the Mohicans".....*sighs again* Big Grin

You know me well, Ken. Wink

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Ken Valentine   12-15-2004, 12:46 AM
Maggers Wrote:Be still my heart....*sigh*...."The Last of the Mohicans".....*sighs again* Big Grin

You know me well, Ken. Wink

WHAT?! You think you're the only one who loves that movie? Wink

Ken V.

Been thinking about building a long rifle like he carried. Probably go with percussion cap rather than flint lock, but other than that . . .
Maggers   12-15-2004, 01:07 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:WHAT?! You think you're the only one who loves that movie? Wink

Ken V.

Been thinking about building a long rifle like he carried. Probably go with percussion cap rather than flint lock, but other than that . . .

I KNOW you like LOTM! It seems like ages ago, but we wrote scores of posts about the movie in October, when I first joined this board.

That would be a very cool gun, Ken. Now all you need are the nifty leggings Hawkeye wore!

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Ken Valentine   12-15-2004, 01:48 AM
Maggers Wrote:I KNOW you like LOTM! It seems like ages ago, but we wrote scores of posts about the movie in October, when I first joined this board.

That would be a very cool gun, Ken. Now all you need are the nifty leggings Hawkeye wore!

Actually, the rifle is available in kit form. It just requires finishing the stock and browning the barrel and action. Easy-peasy . . .

http://dixiegunworks.com/product_info.ph...fbca11a00c

Click on the small picture.

The breech clout and leggings are easy to make. In fact, I used to have a pair back in the days when I was with an Indian dance group. Although I guarantee you I wouldn't look anywhere near as good in them as Daniel Day-Lewis. Not by a -- pardon the gun euphemism -- long shot.

Most of my books, photos and patterns are of the Plains Indians a century later.

Ken V.