Pages (5): 1 2 3 4 5   
dejo   11-02-2004, 08:10 PM
I was just wondering, if you do have music in the background, what you readers of RJ are listening to (whilst reading an RJ novel, of course)?
Ken Valentine   11-02-2004, 11:33 PM
dejo Wrote:I was just wondering, if you do have music in the background, what you readers of RJ are listening to (whilst reading an RJ novel, of course)?

Nope, not me. If I'm concentrating on a book I wouldn't hear the music anyway.

Ken V.
nonsun blob a   11-03-2004, 12:32 AM
all i really listen to is coheed and cambria, rush and the mars volta, but, seeing as they're all pretty epic and/or creating concept albums, i think they go well together, but that's just me.

[Image: bloodmachine2cc.gif]
mike36799   11-03-2004, 02:32 AM
Well, today I was finishing up Crisscross, and I had some Elvis on of all things. It's the new one out: Elvis: 30 #1 Hits. I was down to 50 pages, and I kept getting distracted towards the end so I had to let Elvis leave the building.
Kenji   11-03-2004, 03:31 AM
dejo Wrote:I was just wondering, if you do have music in the background, what you readers of RJ are listening to (whilst reading an RJ novel, of course)?

Predator soundtruck. It's definitely fit to RJ novels. Alan Sylvestri's music is all good things, after all.
KRW   11-04-2004, 01:07 AM
Usally if a song is involved in my reading, it's because I listened to it before!
I concentrate on a book so hard I don't hear anything! One song that stuck with me when I read "Enemy of the State" was Tesla's "Freedom Slaves"! Somehow it works! Cool

KRW
XiaoYu   11-04-2004, 02:43 PM
I never listen to music when I read; it distracts for me, rather than enhances. I find I gotta have music when I'm doing something less brain-busy, like drawing, but good books keep me completely occupied Big Grin

[SIZE="1"]To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting." -- Sun Zi
===========================
[COLOR="Green"]Django: This is the way things are; you can't change nature.
Remy: Change IS nature, Dad. The part that we can influence. And it starts when we decide.
Django: Where are you going?
Remy: With luck, forward.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"]"The thing I treasure most in life / Cannot be taken away..."[/SIZE]
Sangwyn   11-05-2004, 10:21 AM
Like most of you, although I love to think of what songs would comprise a great "soundtrack" for an RJ book, I absolutely cannot listen to anything while reading anymore. My multi-tasking days in that area were over the day I hit 30. I find this especially true of books that I want to be absorbed in. After I get absorbed and on a roll, an entire marching band could enter my (very tiny) home and I probably wouldn't notice (much, anyway).

Sangwyn
who's admitting that she's over 30...today
jimbow8   11-05-2004, 10:25 AM
Sangwyn Wrote:Like most of you, although I love to think of what songs would comprise a great "soundtrack" for an RJ book, I absolutely cannot listen to anything while reading anymore. My multi-tasking days in that area were over the day I hit 30. I find this especially true of books that I want to be absorbed in. After I get absorbed and on a roll, an entire marching band could enter my (very tiny) home and I probably wouldn't notice (much, anyway).

Sangwyn
So are you 30 today? Or are you just admitting that you are 30 today? Wink Big Grin

Either way, Happy Birthday!

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Maggers   11-05-2004, 04:10 PM
Sangwyn Wrote:Like most of you, although I love to think of what songs would comprise a great "soundtrack" for an RJ book, I absolutely cannot listen to anything while reading anymore. My multi-tasking days in that area were over the day I hit 30. I find this especially true of books that I want to be absorbed in. After I get absorbed and on a roll, an entire marching band could enter my (very tiny) home and I probably wouldn't notice (much, anyway).

Sangwyn

I'm with you, Sangwyn. I need peace and quiet to concentrate. I don't want to be distracted by anything because I'm so RIGHT THERE when I'm reading, especially thrilling adventures. I am IN the story.

P.S. I happily admit that I'm post-30. I am SOOOOO post-30, 30 looks positively child like! Big Grin

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Pages (5): 1 2 3 4 5