Pages (12):    1 2 3 4 5 6 12   
hford713   08-29-2004, 10:23 AM
Blade Runner...
When Deckard is atop the flooded rooftoop fleeing from Batty. Thinking he's finally found an exit, he runs for it, only to find Batty emerging from the other side. It's only a brief moment when Deckard stops dead in his tracks - depicting both fear and anger - and looks directly toward the camera...
The look on Ford's face...
My most prized moment in cinema, by far.
Kenji   08-29-2004, 10:43 AM
Quote:Originally Posted by jimbow8

Batty's dying speech: "I've seen thing you people wouldn't believe........Time...to die."

vikingfan Wrote:That whole speech is great. I wish I could remeber it right now I'd type it in.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

Hmmm..........what a touching speech! Wink
jimbow8   08-29-2004, 11:54 AM
Kenji Asakura Wrote:I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

Hmmm..........what a touching speech! Wink
Thanks, Kenji.
I had thought it was longer, but I guess not. Am I the only one who likes the original movie with the voiceover better than the Director's Cut? Why can't they put both voice tracks on the DVD?

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
vikingfan   08-29-2004, 02:09 PM
Yeah, thanks Kenji. That is exactly it. Those words always put such great images in my head. I love how much insight a person gets into Batty's life from such few words.

Any of you people read the book the movie is based on? Though the movie is much, much different I think you would all like the book. One chapter in particular was just amazing. The book is "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" by Philip K. Dick.

Go Vikings!! Cool

Yes, I hate the Green Bay Packers! :mad:

Read a book today! Wink

Be like Mike! Ah hell forget that. Be like Me! Big Grin
KRW   08-29-2004, 02:35 PM
[QUOTE=jimbow8]Isn't that actually in "A Man From Snowy River"?

It's been awhile since I've seen them. I believe someone shot his horse on the way down in the second one.

KRW
jimbow8   08-29-2004, 02:39 PM
vikingfan Wrote:Yeah, thanks Kenji. That is exactly it. Those words always put such great images in my head. I love how much insight a person gets into Batty's life from such few words.

Any of you people read the book the movie is based on? Though the movie is much, much different I think you would all like the book. One chapter in particular was just amazing. The book is "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" by Philip K. Dick.
I read the book a long time ago and didn't really understand it, though I don't remember why.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
vikingfan   08-29-2004, 03:11 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:I read the book a long time ago and didn't really understand it, though I don't remember why.

The ending is a bit vague. I never really felt like I fully understood it ('Cause I don't :confused: ). But I did enjoy reading the book and will probably read it again someday.

Go Vikings!! Cool

Read a book today! Wink

Kenji   08-30-2004, 08:09 AM
vikingfan Wrote:Yeah, thanks Kenji. That is exactly it. Those words always put such great images in my head. I love how much insight a person gets into Batty's life from such few words.

Hi, vikingfan.

I am Philip K. Dick fan! I had read a lot of his books. Original story,Do Androids Dreams of Electric Sheep? was awesome SF novel. This is my favorite one. Japanese edition book title is "アンドロイドは電気羊の夢を見るか?(Android wa denkihitsuji no yume o miruka?)". When I first saw this title, I felt mysterious.
hford713   08-30-2004, 08:37 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:Thanks, Kenji.
I had thought it was longer, but I guess not. Am I the only one who likes the original movie with the voiceover better than the Director's Cut? Why can't they put both voice tracks on the DVD?
I, too, prefer the voiceover track.
BTW... Batty's speech was not scripted as it was delivered. Rutger Hauer [re]wrote his dialogue only moments before the scene was actually shot - and brought tears to the majority of the suprised crew's eyes.
vikingfan   08-30-2004, 09:50 AM
hford713 Wrote:I, too, prefer the voiceover track.
BTW... Batty's speech was not scripted as it was delivered. Rutger Hauer [re]wrote his dialogue only moments before the scene was actually shot - and brought tears to the majority of the suprised crew's eyes.

Wow that is cool! Never new that, great piece of information.

Go Vikings!! Cool

Read a book today! Wink

Pages (12):    1 2 3 4 5 6 12