Pages (12):    1 8 9 10 11 12
t4terrific   12-13-2005, 02:43 AM
fpw Wrote:The opening sequence of Raiders of the Lost Arc.

One of my favorite scenes from a 1980's movie was from Die Hard. I've always loved the scene where John McClain was hanging from the roof of the building with a firehose tied around his waist. The chopper was getting in position to shoot him. He was trying to break the big window with his bloody feet (smearing blood all over the window) with no success. Finally he pushed off from the window and unloaded his Beretta into the glass. The rebound from his body hitting the broken window shot him through.

That scene was always the ultimate 80's macho action scene, in my mind.
Kenji   12-13-2005, 09:56 AM
wdg3rd Wrote:Well, I just recently joined the Board (though I've visited a few times in the past), so I've been thumbing through some old threads. I am amazed that nobody ever mentioned the hands-down best movie made in the 1980s, "The Princess Bride". Yes, the book was better (that's generally a given) but at least the novelist wrote the screenplay and unlike most of Crichton's novels it wasn't intended as a screenplay to start with.

"... to the pain."

"I'm not left-handed either."

"My name is Batman^wInigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

"Have fun storming the castle!"

Welcome to the board, wdg3rd.

Yeah, The Princess Bride is one of my favorite movies in 1980s. I remember it. This movie has a lot of great lines. Sometimes humorous, sometimes touching, and many witty dialogues. You mentioned "You killed my father. Prepare to die!", this is best line.
Flinx   12-13-2005, 11:57 PM
Richard Kendrick Wrote:Aliens[B]Evil Dead II: Ash jumps on the cellar door, causing one of Henrietta's eyes to pop out and fly across the room, into Bobbie Joe's mouth.

RIK
Not a good thing to read while eating lunch.
Pages (12):    1 8 9 10 11 12