Pages (3):    1 2 3   
Keith the Elder   03-25-2005, 09:46 AM
When we were kids, my dad would say he would only eat one thing from our easter baskets. Invariably, he would break off and eat the ears (the only solid part) of my chocolate bunny. It was his little tease, the way all parents joke with their kids and we knew it. Years ago, I started leaving him a message on his answering machine while he and mom were still at church, "YOU BASTARD, YOU ATE MY EARS, I'M TRAUMATIZED FOR LIFE" The first tme, he was a little shaken and called to say he didn't realize he upset my young self so traumatically. I explained it was a joke, just like his and we laughed. I left this message every year since I moved out.
Dad passed away this past summer. I miss my dad.
stacyzinda123   03-25-2005, 11:34 AM
Keith the Elder Wrote:Dad passed away this past summer. I miss my dad.
That's a sweet story (no pun intended). I'm sorry for your loss.

Happy Easter!
Biggles   03-25-2005, 12:12 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Happy Easter to everyone. May you all have a wonderful weekend.

Happy Easter Jim (and all the rest of you who celebrate it Sunday). While the Eastern Orthodox Easter isn't until May 1 this year, our priest always gives us dispensation for the Western Easter, so I'll get to enjoy dinner at my in-laws Sunday. Smile

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
fpw   03-25-2005, 12:49 PM
An Easter Tragedy

[IMG] http://www.ghosts.org/temp/IMAGE.jpeg[/IMG]

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Medusa   03-25-2005, 02:52 PM
Do you know they make a Mr Big Ears Choc Rabbit? Its a little short hollow choc rabbit about 4" high with these BIG old 10" long ears. Heaven for those that prefer the ears!

They also have (bestill my heart) chocolate covered cherry easter eggs candy. Oh heaven!!
Maggers   03-25-2005, 03:54 PM
I'm addicted to the white, speckled malted milk eggs. OMG, wicked good!

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Maggers   03-25-2005, 03:56 PM
fpw Wrote:An Easter Tragedy

Paul,
I have an picture in my head of you and your grandson laughing your heads off at this. Very cute!

M

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Medusa   03-25-2005, 04:51 PM
fpw Wrote:An Easter Tragedy

I love this! You realize of course now you got us started. We'll ALL be biting the chocolate butt first at Easter now!
matthewsmommy   03-25-2005, 11:21 PM
Keith the Elder Wrote:When we were kids, my dad would say he would only eat one thing from our easter baskets. Invariably, he would break off and eat the ears (the only solid part) of my chocolate bunny. It was his little tease, the way all parents joke with their kids and we knew it. Years ago, I started leaving him a message on his answering machine while he and mom were still at church, "YOU BASTARD, YOU ATE MY EARS, I'M TRAUMATIZED FOR LIFE" The first tme, he was a little shaken and called to say he didn't realize he upset my young self so traumatically. I explained it was a joke, just like his and we laughed. I left this message every year since I moved out.
Dad passed away this past summer. I miss my dad.

My aunt (miss her like crazy) lived for Mallo Cups. After she was diagnosed with diabetes (and told she was going to die of a brain tumor), I was the only one who would get them for her. I have put opened Mallo Cups on her grave. I know it's actually the ants that eat them and not the aunt, but it's our little secret. Maybe your dad's ants need some ears! Totally silly, but it might give you both a smile. Smile
nijimeijer   03-26-2005, 01:11 AM
Happy Easter everyone! Hope everyone's weekend rules, and that you spend it doing something you love, being with people you love, or doing people you love!

Did I really just say that?

Happy Easter, people.

Throughout our history there are those ghosts
Compelled to illustrate our dreams and hopes
Victors hang in pictures, losers from ropes.
Regardless they all swing in the same boat.
Pages (3):    1 2 3