SteveBlack   03-16-2005, 11:09 PM
Hi fellow collectors (Biggles, Aphew et al)
here's the UK proof of The Foundation. As anyone who collects UK 1sts knows, The Foundation 1st edition is notoriously hard to come by - it's the only UK 1st I don't have. I found this in Australia - not in mint condition but not bad.
Does anyone know of any other UK proofs for either hardbacks or paperbacks?
Steve
jimbow8   03-17-2005, 01:48 AM
DUDE!!!! *green with envy*

That is the original The Select, isn't it?

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Biggles   03-17-2005, 02:08 AM
SteveBlack Wrote:Hi fellow collectors (Biggles, Aphew et al)
here's the UK proof of The Foundation. As anyone who collects UK 1sts knows, The Foundation 1st edition is notoriously hard to come by - it's the only UK 1st I don't have. I found this in Australia - not in mint condition but not bad.
Does anyone know of any other UK proofs for either hardbacks or paperbacks?
Steve

Not I. Nice acquisition Steve!

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
fpw   03-17-2005, 02:20 AM
SteveBlack Wrote:Does anyone know of any other UK proofs for either hardbacks or paperbacks?

Not on my shelf. If you find any,get one for me (except for The Foundation)

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
SteveBlack   03-17-2005, 04:46 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:DUDE!!!! *green with envy*

That is the original The Select, isn't it?

Hi Jimbow - you're right. It's the UK version of The Select which came out a few months before the US version
SteveBlack   03-17-2005, 04:47 AM
fpw Wrote:If you find any,get one for me (except for The Foundation)

Happy to - Mission accepted!!!