Medusa   06-18-2005, 12:20 AM
Just came back from seeing it. It was pretty funny! LIke most of these computer animation movies there was stuff in it WAY above the heads of the kids (and even some of the younger adults).
Maggers   06-18-2005, 04:06 AM
I saw it back in May and wrote this then on another thread:

I saw "Madagascar" last night with a group of adults and children. Everybody loved it. It is adorable and laugh out loud funny. The animation is terrific. Every hair on Alex The Lion's head moves independently; would that my hair moved that way. The animal crowd scenes in the jungle are visually hysterical. There are several well done, unexpected homages to other films, and NYC is so accurately depicted, it's quite amazing.

The best kick of all is Sacher Baron Cohen, aka Ali G, as the voice of Julien, the king lemur. He's a riot.

Check it out. Your kids and grandkids will love it, and you'll enjoy it, too.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

fpw   06-18-2005, 07:19 AM
Maggers Wrote:The best kick of all is Sacher Baron Cohen, aka Ali G, as the voice of Julien, the king lemur. He's a riot.

The two grandkids I took to it loved it. They came home doing Julien's dance and singing, "I love to move it, move it! I love to move it, move it!"

My favorite reference: When Julien holds up a book by the predators: TO SERVE LEMUR.

Favorite line: The escaped penguins finally make it to Antarctica and the 4 of them are standing on the ice in the middle of a white-out blizzard. All you see are their backs as they watch the storm. And they're watching...and jiggling their cold feet...and watching...

Finally one of the penguins turns to the others and says, "Well, this sucks."

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Scott Hajek   06-18-2005, 12:03 PM
fpw Wrote:
The two grandkids I took to it loved it. They came home doing Julien's dance and singing, "I love to move it, move it! I love to move it, move it!"

My wife took my boys to see it on a bad weather day. All three have been singing the same song ever since.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Maggers   06-18-2005, 12:41 PM
fpw Wrote:The two grandkids I took to it loved it. They came home doing Julien's dance and singing, "I love to move it, move it! I love to move it, move it!"
We also came home singing that catchy little ditty, with images of the credit sequence rolling in our minds. My young friends greet me with the song when I visit.

And now, after reading this, I find myself doing my Saturday chores to a that infectious beat, singing, "I like to move, it move it."

fpw Wrote:..Finally one of the penguins turns to the others and says, "Well, this sucks."
This has become a catch phrase; my friends' kids love to say it.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

nonsun blob a   06-27-2005, 02:22 PM
I saw it with my girlfriend, we both also loved it. my favorite line was at the end when the lemur king offers alex his crown and is like no, take it, i have a bigger crown with a gecco on it. very...anticlimactic post here... going to keep...steadily rolling...down hill..

[Image: bloodmachine2cc.gif]
Scott Miller   08-02-2005, 10:49 AM
I took the kiddos to see it last night (we finally got a cheap theater back in our neighborhood, yeah!) and my expectations we kind of low despite this thread. Boy, was I wrong. The movie is hysterical with great animation. This is by far my favorite from the Dreamworks Studio. Both Marty and Melman cracked me up, the penguins confirmed my suspicions about them and I've now decided to be reincarnated as a lemur instead of an eagle-those guys know how to party!

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels