SteveBlack   03-09-2005, 05:22 PM
I just contacted CD who say they received MM today and it should ship next week - at long last!
cyber-jack   03-09-2005, 05:40 PM
SteveBlack Wrote:I just contacted CD who say they received MM today and it should ship next week - at long last!

I'm not going to hold my breath just yet...
Marc   03-09-2005, 07:13 PM
Long ago I gave up on this and went with the Tor edition. If CD doesn't have an interest in making their deadlines then I don't have an interest in purchasing from them.
Scott Hajek   03-09-2005, 08:51 PM
Marc B. Wrote:Long ago I gave up on this and went with the Tor edition. If CD doesn't have an interest in making their deadlines then I don't have an interest in purchasing from them.

I didn't give up, but I couldn't hold out. I got the book from the library and figured that CD would issue their edition as the 25th anniversary edition.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Biggles   03-09-2005, 10:35 PM
SteveBlack Wrote:I just contacted CD who say they received MM today and it should ship next week - at long last!

Oh gee! The long-awaited, limited SECOND EDITION! Big Grin

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
cyber-jack   03-15-2005, 11:46 PM
Got mine in the mail today...just about had a heart attack. TWO CD titles within a few months! What are the chances?
Biggles   03-15-2005, 11:51 PM
cyber-jack Wrote:Got mine in the mail today...just about had a heart attack. TWO CD titles within a few months! What are the chances?

How did it look?

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
cyber-jack   03-16-2005, 11:11 AM
Biggles Wrote:How did it look?

Not bad at all. I didn't get as low as a number as I was hoping for, but I'm still in the double digits. Artwork is decent, though overall, I like the art on the Gauntlet editions of Paul's work better. The book is oversized, and since it wasn't that long of a book, the text appears to be about 14 pt. type. My guess is that I'll never need my glasses to read this one. Slipcase is brown cloth, well made, but not a great color. It matches the book though. I've got some limiteds where the book's jacket is black and the slipcase is bright blue...uggh! My only issue with the book is that it doesn't fit on the shelf with Paul's other limiteds. Oh well, if that's all I have to complain about...
Jay #1   03-16-2005, 11:33 AM
A part of me is still amused by the fact that when someone at a restaurant saw me reading it, and saw the name F Paul Wilson... they thought it was some kind of religious study book by Father Paul Wilson. And the design on the cover, was some kind of Fire and Brimstone introduction to a sermon.
cyber-jack   03-16-2005, 11:40 AM
Jay #1 Wrote:A part of me is still amused by the fact that when someone at a restaurant saw me reading it, and saw the name F Paul Wilson... they thought it was some kind of religious study book by Father Paul Wilson. And the design on the cover, was some kind of Fire and Brimstone introduction to a sermon.

Father Wilson...That's pretty good. Maybe the next collaboration could be with Andrew Greely.