Pages (2): 1 2   
fpw   03-09-2005, 09:05 AM
Catwoman.

I mean, it looks like they were trying to make a bad movie. Halle's hip-swinging fashion model walk whenever she's in that ridiculous costume* is...is...

I'm at a loss for words.

And her cat mannerisms are...are...

There I go again.

I knew it would be bad -- I confess to masochistic tendencies where movies are concerned) -- but not this bad.

*Even her leather getup can't save it.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Mike   03-09-2005, 02:28 PM
undefinedundefinedundefined
fpw Wrote:Catwoman.

I mean, it looks like they were trying to make a bad movie. Halle's hip-swinging fashion model walk whenever she's in that ridiculous costume* is...is...

I'm at a loss for words.

There I go again.

I knew it would be bad -- I confess to masochistic tendencies where movies are concerned) -- but not this bad.

At least Halle Berry had the grace to accept the "Razzie" award for her part in this horrible movie with a genuine sense of humor.
Kenji   03-09-2005, 05:22 PM
Mike Wrote:undefinedundefinedundefined

At least Halle Berry had the grace to accept the "Razzie" award for her part in this horrible movie with a genuine sense of humor.

Yeah, I saw her Razzie award,too. That's why I like her! Big Grin
Mick C.   03-10-2005, 10:26 AM
Is Batman mentioned in the film, or is it completely stand-alone?

"Flow with the Go."

- Rickson Gracie
fpw   03-10-2005, 02:15 PM
Mick C. Wrote:Is Batman mentioned in the film, or is it completely stand-alone?

Bat who?

No, it's stand alone. And I do mean alone. If they were looking to create a franchise, they blew it big time.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
law dawg   03-11-2005, 12:50 PM
fpw Wrote:Bat who?

No, it's stand alone. And I do mean alone. If they were looking to create a franchise, they blew it big time.

But Batman Begins looks like the goods. Hale is a tremendous actor (loved him American Psycho) and if they stay true to Batman : Year One they have good material to work with (especially as they are forgoing the camp that sank Batman 3-4). It looks like with the addition of Ducard that they are digressing some, but it could still be excellent. Can't wait.
Maggers   03-11-2005, 07:41 PM
law dawg Wrote:. Hale is a tremendous actor (loved him American Psycho) and if they stay true to Batman .

It's Bale, Christian Bale. I got confused for a second and thought you were referring back to Halle (Berry).

And I totally agree about Christian Bale; I've loved him since "Empire of the Sun," when he was 13 years old. He was terrific in that awesome movie.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

law dawg   03-11-2005, 07:57 PM
Maggers Wrote:It's Bale, Christian Bale. I got confused for a second and thought you were referring back to Halle (Berry).

And I totally agree about Christian Bale; I've loved him since "Empire of the Sun," when he was 13 years old. He was terrific in that awesome movie.
Whoops. Typo. You are, fo course, correct. He wasn't bad in that dragon movie as well, although unrecognizable under the grime.
Tony H   03-12-2005, 02:54 PM
fpw Wrote:Catwoman.

I'm at a loss for words.

There I go again.

Paul:

If only you had posted this three weeks ago I wouldn't be in therapy today. This was the worst movie I have ever seen. On bloodynews.com there was a post that cracked me up under the "Easter Egg" section of the board. The title of the thread was "Hidden blooper reel on Catwoman DVD." The post read, "From the movie's main menu...press play."

I seem to be on a bad film craze. I don't know what made me rent Catwoman and Black Mask II in the same night.

Tony
Jay #1   03-12-2005, 03:21 PM
Actually, in spite of the fact that Black Mask II had a slightly worse plot than one, I still enjoyed it. Of cours, it would have been better if they'd continued the storyline of #1. They rewrote the stinking thing in 2. Including the past.

As for Catwoman, I never got past the preview for it. For me, the fact that her costume was out of character and it was not based in Gotham, were the two reasons not to. I know, some go to see hot Halle Berry. Admittedly, she looks good in all of her movies. But, when I go to see a superhero movie, I want it to be as close to the comic books or cartoon depending on the situation, as possible.

AsMoral Wrote:Paul:

If only you had posted this three weeks ago I wouldn't be in therapy today. This was the worst movie I have ever seen. On bloodynews.com there was a post that cracked me up under the "Easter Egg" section of the board. The title of the thread was "Hidden blooper reel on Catwoman DVD." The post read, "From the movie's main menu...press play."

I seem to be on a bad film craze. I don't know what made me rent Catwoman and Black Mask II in the same night.

Tony
Pages (2): 1 2