fpw   03-07-2005, 08:56 AM
Through constant exposure via my grandson I've become, if not necessarily a fan, then at least an amused observer of this undersea naif. I took him (the grandson) to the movie and we had a great time. Now it's out on DVD and we watched it again yesterday. There's no more joyous sound than a 6-year's old belly laugh. (Like any little boy, he loves potty humor).

You'll probably enjoy it more if you're already familiar with the characters, but if you're in the mood for great silly fun, check it out.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   03-07-2005, 12:21 PM
fpw Wrote:Through constant exposure via my grandson I've become, if not necessarily a fan, then at least an amused observer of this undersea naif. I took him (the grandson) to the movie and we had a great time. Now it's out on DVD and we watched it again yesterday. There's no more joyous sound than a 6-year's old belly laugh. (Like any little boy, he loves potty humor).

You'll probably enjoy it more if you're already familiar with the characters, but if you're in the mood for great silly fun, check it out.

No two ways about it. When I visit my friends in PA, it's a damn good time watching their little guy Alex (also 6) laugh and clap his hands enjoying SpongeBob. Hearing a child laugh, you can't help but feel a little bit better about our little blue world.
This post was last modified: 03-07-2005, 12:28 PM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
APhew   03-07-2005, 01:56 PM
fpw Wrote:Through constant exposure via my grandson I've become, if not necessarily a fan, then at least an amused observer of this undersea naif. I took him (the grandson) to the movie and we had a great time. Now it's out on DVD and we watched it again yesterday. There's no more joyous sound than a 6-year's old belly laugh. (Like any little boy, he loves potty humor).

We just sat down and watched this last night. Our 2-year old loves Spongebob and he had a great time with this. I laughed like crazy at a few parts. I love this cartoon, it's just off-the-wall enough for me to really enjoy. I was saddened by the lack of any real extras on the disc. I was hoping for some music videos from The Flaming Lips and Ween. What happened to Avril Lavigne's cover of the theme song? I could of sworn she recorded one, but I never did hear it.

"Rode the Hasselhof"... that cracks me up every time.
Scott Hajek   03-07-2005, 04:37 PM
APhew Wrote:We just sat down and watched this last night. Our 2-year old loves Spongebob and he had a great time with this. I laughed like crazy at a few parts. I love this cartoon, it's just off-the-wall enough for me to really enjoy. I was saddened by the lack of any real extras on the disc. I was hoping for some music videos from The Flaming Lips and Ween. What happened to Avril Lavigne's cover of the theme song? I could of sworn she recorded one, but I never did hear it.

"Rode the Hasselhof"... that cracks me up every time.

I had the pleasure of seeing the movie twice in the theater. It was actually even funnier the second time around. My kids are 6 and also truly love potty humor. I wonder where they get it from.

The Avril Lavigne cover is on the soundtrack CD. It's not bad.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Sam   03-07-2005, 06:04 PM
I was shocked by who does the voices of Mr. Krabs and Patrick...Clancy Brown (Krabs) and Bill Fagerbaak (Patrick). I keep waiting for Patrick to say "M-O-O-N, that spells head wound." Or, Mr. Krabs to say, "I've got something to say: It's better to burn out, than to lose monAy." Loved the film.

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
fpw   03-07-2005, 11:17 PM
Scott Hajek Wrote:It was actually even funnier the second time around.

So true, so true!

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Annice Burdeos   03-09-2005, 09:47 PM

And that's my 6 year old nephew's feelings exactly
shoggoth666   04-01-2005, 04:57 AM
my 6 year old and i loved it i laughed more than she did!

"you buncha freaks i hope ya have fun"